Stereo and battery switches.

Notices
Formula

Stereo and battery switches.

Old 07-14-2010, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo and battery switches.

How do you guys have you battery switches set when your on the hook with radio going all day. Thanks
Old 07-14-2010, 10:06 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You should have 1 battery that is used for your tunes. Set the switch to that battery. Then if you run it dry you can move your switch to the other battery and get started. Then once started you can move back to both to charge the "house" battery again.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Audiofn
You should have 1 battery that is used for your tunes. Set the switch to that battery. Then if you run it dry you can move your switch to the other battery and get started. Then once started you can move back to both to charge the "house" battery again.
I do the same, and I usually mix it up on which battery I use for the stereo, when I am going out on consecutive days. I run 2 amps, but I never run the refrigerator. Does anyone know how much power the refrigerator uses? It would be nice if I could pull off using everything. I am currently running two brand new Interstate series 27 cranking batteries with a switch.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:34 PM
Registered

I also have wondered how long the refrigerator will run on 12 volt power without recharging.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:59 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GrandLake353
I do the same, and I usually mix it up on which battery I use for the stereo, when I am going out on consecutive days. I run 2 amps, but I never run the refrigerator. Does anyone know how much power the refrigerator uses? It would be nice if I could pull off using everything. I am currently running two brand new Interstate series 27 cranking batteries with a switch.
I would suggest a deep cycle for your "house" battery. They are made to be drawn down and recharged were a starter is only made to be drawn down a small amount.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by anasazi
I also have wondered how long the refrigerator will run on 12 volt power without recharging.
I could get about 24hrs out my fridg back in 95.
Today, with improved efficiency newer fridg, I have gone 48 on 2 house batteries and still had frost in the ice box. I had forgotten to plug in the shore power.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by srl520
I could get about 24hrs out my fridg back in 95.
Today, with improved efficiency newer fridg, I have gone 48 on 2 house batteries and still had frost in the ice box. I had forgotten to plug in the shore power.
I have done the same in my 97 382. Turned it on on a friday and got rained out till sunday, boat started just fine!
Old 07-16-2010, 01:41 PM
Registered

I store my boat at home and I have a 30A plug in for it.
What I have thought about doing is, turning on the fridge the night before while plugged in then letting it run on 12V for the following day while on the water.
Sounds like I shouldn't have any problems with that.
No more soggy sandwiches.