End Of An Era

Notices
Formula

End Of An Era

Old 08-29-2010, 09:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sory for your loss, may he rest in peace. he is a better place now.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Tony. Appreciate it. Enjoy the upcoming weekend. Wish I could be down there.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:54 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Brian, See if you can boat a little more down here next season. I hope all is well, all things considered.

Tony
Old 09-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Registered

I'm working on it Tony. I'm working on it. I'd love to be down there more next year. I'm weighing my options. Actively searching for place like a high and dry service. I've looked into Key Harbor Marina in Waretown, but they are pretty pricey. Double what I'm paying now. Once I get my trailer straightened out I plan on making more trips down there. So you'll see more of me next year.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Splitdecision271
I'm working on it Tony. I'm working on it. I'd love to be down there more next year. I'm weighing my options. Actively searching for place like a high and dry service. I've looked into Key Harbor Marina in Waretown, but they are pretty pricey. Double what I'm paying now. Once I get my trailer straightened out I plan on making more trips down there. So you'll see more of me next year.
Or you could buy my lift in Beach Haven then just pay slip rental.Another guy in my marina says he wants it but let me know if you are interested in case he backs out.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Registered

Lift is not in the budget right now. Thought you were keeping the 292 for a bit.

Tim, were you at Tices last Saturday. Saw a 292 similar to yours come in near the main sand bar. Was pretty packed in there.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Splitdecision271
Lift is not in the budget right now. Thought you were keeping the 292 for a bit.

Tim, were you at Tices last Saturday. Saw a 292 similar to yours come in near the main sand bar. Was pretty packed in there.
No went to AC Sat Sunday went to the beach and just took a ride.Keeping my 292? don't know I went to look at a 35 Fountain a couple of weeks ago but we were to far apart dollar wise.Will probably wait a bit and get what I really want a 36 Pantera.
Sat a guy at my marina was asking about putting a lift in so I threw out a number for mine.He said ok,when I got it a few years ago it was with the understanding that if I went bigger I could move it to another slip.But the guy who was leasing the marina with an option to buy walked.The guy who owns it does not want lifts in the bigger slips.So if I have a chance to get out of it I am going to take it.If he does not come up with the money will probably stay next year.But if I sell it I am ready to move if the right deal comes along.If not I just trailer for a year no big deal.
Thinking about trailering up to Trenton on day and just running the river for a change of pace.Any places to eat near Phil.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:40 PM
Registered

I can think of a few places.

Katmandu - Have to dock at the city docks at the ball park and walk up. Good happy hour 5-7 on Fridays. Heard they have a pretty good brunch on Sundays too.

Curtin's Wharf - This is where we usually go. It's no Captains but decent food. Pretty good atmosphere. Recommend the cajun Chicken Pita. Not a whole lot of dock space, fills up pretty quickly too.

McCrossins - Down near Dredge Harbor at Riverside marina, never been not sure if it's still there.

Cattails Bar and Grill - A little further south on the river, not sure if they are still open either.

Dave & Busters - Fun for all

Chesapeake City - If you don't mind the ride, head down the C&D. Chesapeake Inn will be on the left hand side. Just before the big bridge. Good brick oven pizza.

Other then that, not a whole lot more