292 fastech (1 inch water in cabin) >

292 fastech (1 inch water in cabin)

Notices
Formula

292 fastech (1 inch water in cabin)

Old 09-06-2010, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 374 Posts

I am wondering how it would be running around 45-50 knots in 2-4' swells, guess timed to hit the tops it will be ok. How is the spray?
it can handle 2-3's no problem but when you start getting into 4-5's it has trouble, i wouldnt attempt it...

i have yet to be sprayed...the windshield helps with that.

where are you doing the majority of boating?
Old 09-06-2010, 10:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by moses0324
it can handle 2-3's no problem but when you start getting into 4-5's it has trouble, i wouldnt attempt it...

i have yet to be sprayed...the windshield helps with that.

where are you doing the majority of boating?
Well I am thinking of docking around essex so that when I am in the ocean I will have the trip back to flush the salt from the block jackets and such so river travel will be part of it as well as hitting block and bouncing around the coast.

Seems the cut-off for the 292 is 4' without having too much drama when the wife is on-board, she is a trottle head though so maybe she would be ok
Old 09-07-2010, 06:24 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I spent over an hour trying to get the bilge plug in. How the heck do you do it. I'm 6'2" with long arms and can't reach it.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:54 AM
Registered

Well I am thinking of docking around essex so that when I am in the ocean I will have the trip back to flush the salt from the block jackets and such so river travel will be part of it as well as hitting block and bouncing around the coast.

Seems the cut-off for the 292 is 4' without having too much drama when the wife is on-board, she is a trottle head though so maybe she would be ok
Do you plan on keeping the boat on a trailer, lift, or slip?

Our boat is just north of Essex in Chester (Hays Haven Marina). Its nice being centrally located between Middletown (Harbor Park) and LI Sound. From Chester is a nice easy ride to the ocean and any other restaraunt/bar located in the northern sections of the CT River.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:58 AM
Registered

I spent over an hour trying to get the bilge plug in. How the heck do you do it. I'm 6'2" with long arms and can't reach it.
which plug are you referring too?
Old 09-07-2010, 09:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by moses0324
Do you plan on keeping the boat on a trailer, lift, or slip?

Our boat is just north of Essex in Chester (Hays Haven Marina). Its nice being centrally located between Middletown (Harbor Park) and LI Sound. From Chester is a nice easy ride to the ocean and any other restaraunt/bar located in the northern sections of the CT River.

Harbour Park................during the 80s that place was nuts and the go-fasts during that time was insane. Any summer weekend there would be 15-20 docked up lashing 4 deep off the docks

I know that marina in Chester, nice place. I would want to stay in a slip and pull once or twice a month to power wash the hull and flush the engines probably.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:50 AM
Registered

I know that marina in Chester, nice place. I would want to stay in a slip and pull once or twice a month to power wash the hull and flush the engines probably.
i know an owner with a 382 that does this but i wouldnt recommend it...just my opinion

performance boats dont like to sit in the water for extended periods of time. if you can keep it on a trailer i would.