292 fastech (1 inch water in cabin) >

292 fastech (1 inch water in cabin)

Notices
Formula

292 fastech (1 inch water in cabin)

Old 08-29-2010, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 374 Posts
Default 292 fastech (1 inch water in cabin)

So I did a little reasearch into having water in the cabin...seems to be a common occurence unfortunatly.

I have read to check my fresh water tank fittings, windshield seal, and gas tank drain valve...

Even from these solutions it doesn't seem like anyone really solved the issue. Have there been any other threads with solutions that I'm missing?
Old 08-29-2010, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Many have found causes I honestly think its caused by a few things.Yes it can be the windshield but mine stopped doing it once it was on a lift.The first year when I did in/out I would leave it in Sat night.Now it never sits in the water.
I believe one of the causes if if you come off plane really quick water will come up over the swim platform and run down the hatch.I have seen it do this.Is it also getting trapped forward of the front step then running back,maybe.
Check the drains under the floor step they can sometimes clog.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:29 AM
Registered

i checked under the floor step...it seems clear.

i have about a half inch of water in the step area, not enough to flow into the tube and drain the the bilge...you would think formula would lower the tube location (it sits 2 inches off the bottom)

im going to check our windshield seals...

the funny part about the swimplatform idea is, we are really careful about coming off plane. we do it gently enough because we are paranoid about getting the sunpad wet. lol

maybe ill call formula and see what they recommend. i dont want to chase my tail on this issue. seems like a silly but widespread problem.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

It is common, mine acculates water under the step too.
Another poster said that he discovered water would leak thru the cockpit floor around the inpection cover for the fuel tank and flow forward to the cabin.
You would have to have water in the cockpit from rain or washing for this to occur.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:20 AM
Registered

^^^ yes from what i hear the problem is the drain tube from above the gas tank to the step and bilge areas...i guess it requires additional sealant. im going to take a look this week and see what i find.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:26 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get a small accumulation in mine and it hasn't rained here in 5 weeks.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I solved the problem on my 06 292. the water that goes to the step in the cabin is the water from the bilge area. The water from the step goes thru the drain and into the bilge area. Just plug the hole undernesth the step with a plug and that shouls stop the problem. Also there is a plug in the bilge area by the port bilge pump, if you put the plug in it will not allow water from the bilge to go forward to the step. The water travels up when you slow down and when the water is rough. I never get water under neath the step anymore. once and a while a wet vac the bilge area to get all the water out and too keep it cle an.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by turboz67
I solved the problem on my 06 292. the water that goes to the step in the cabin is the water from the bilge area. The water from the step goes thru the drain and into the bilge area. Just plug the hole undernesth the step with a plug and that shouls stop the problem. Also there is a plug in the bilge area by the port bilge pump, if you put the plug in it will not allow water from the bilge to go forward to the step. The water travels up when you slow down and when the water is rough. I never get water under neath the step anymore. once and a while a wet vac the bilge area to get all the water out and too keep it cle an.

This is exactly what I did with my 07 292 when I was getting water under the step....put plug in under step and the one by the port bilge pump and have not had a drop of water since under step.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Jluloff
This is exactly what I did with my 07 292 when I was getting water under the step....put plug in under step and the one by the port bilge pump and have not had a drop of water since under step.
when I called formula about the problem, they told me what to do. I have heard everything form gas tanks to windshields to moldings. All it is are the plugs. water goes form the bilge forward while running.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:42 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I have the plug in under the cabin step but not the one in the bilge. I'll do that and hopefully solve the problem. I've had the boat less than a month so I'm just getting to understand all the nuances. Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.