Repower for a 311 w/Bravos?

Notices
Formula

Repower for a 311 w/Bravos?

Old 09-13-2010, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

[QUOTE=Rippem;3202497]I'll save the little guy

Just an after thought here, but what's with the little guy chit?

Last I knew your Big Guy Formula was 20+ off the Little Guy's Fountain. Your Big Guy Velocity was 20+ off the Little Guy's Velocity, even with the Little Guys's cast off power in it. Your Pac was off the mark as well, pretty much covers the last 20+ years. Seems to me that the Big Guy is always walkin' in the shadow of the Little Guy! Just a little observation on the part of the Little Guy.

Am I seeing things wrong from down here?
Old 09-13-2010, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

simple, steal Mikes motors out of the Hustler......
Old 09-14-2010, 12:45 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

first of all i don't know how you missed it for days myself...

second,
I've been happy.
That's not "off" by any means, from anyone or anything.
Truly all that matters-
but if you want more than that about my boating to matter to you -
go for it!
Old 09-14-2010, 08:27 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=RaggedEdge;3206955]
Originally Posted by Rippem

Last I knew your Big Guy Formula was 20+ off the Little Guy's Fountain. Your Big Guy Velocity was 20+ off the Little Guy's Velocity, even with the Little Guys's cast off power in it. Your Pac was off the mark as well, pretty much covers the last 20+ years. Seems to me that the Big Guy is always walkin' in the shadow of the Little Guy! Just a little observation on the part of the Little Guy.

Am I seeing things wrong from down here?
yes, you must be looking up thru the bottom of a highball glass again...

I'll give you the present-tense Formula /fountain.
Of course apples to oranges in terms of intended use therefor bottom, wieght, options, and most of all power.
Yes you can get to Singer first but over the course of the 7 years I've owned the 353 I am positive I've done more boating season-for-season, been more places in it, and gotten more azz in it than you have in the last 20...make that exponentially more
That's what I bought the boat for, not to get to Singer first. See?

as far as the 32 V's? Your above spewage would mean yours ran 97+ on GPS?
Trust me, you may not know it, but no one from here to Syracuse (lol) has EVER believed that...

what do you know about my 27 Pac?
nothing. but I'll tell you ('cause you weren't in the Bay scene then) it ran 68- electronics weren't the norm then, but we'll call 75 on the speedo 68. K?
it would have been a dead heat with your 32 Pac.

Kinda conveniently left out my 26' V didn't 'ya?
Of course you've enlisted your selective, self-serving memory here.
you wouldn't want to talk about what that combo would have done to what you were still running at the time...

That's right, you still hadn't made it to the Bay making the scene then either...
So stop talking outta your a s s.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:28 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=Rippem;3207993]
Originally Posted by RaggedEdge

yes, you must be looking up thru the bottom of a highball glass again...

I'll give you the present-tense Formula /fountain.
Of course apples to oranges in terms of intended use therefor bottom, wieght, options, and most of all power.
Yes you can get to Singer first but over the course of the 7 years I've owned the 353 I am positive I've done more boating season-for-season, been more places in it, and gotten more azz in it than you have in the last 20...make that exponentially more
That's what I bought the boat for, not to get to Singer first. See?

as far as the 32 V's? Your above spewage would mean yours ran 97+ on GPS?
Trust me, you may not know it, but no one from here to Syracuse (lol) has EVER believed that...

what do you know about my 27 Pac?
nothing. but I'll tell you ('cause you weren't in the Bay scene then) it ran 68- electronics weren't the norm then, but we'll call 75 on the speedo 68. K?
it would have been a dead heat with your 32 Pac.

Kinda conveniently left out my 26' V didn't 'ya?
Of course you've enlisted your selective, self-serving memory here.
you wouldn't want to talk about what that combo would have done to what you were still running at the time...

That's right, you still hadn't made it to the Bay making the scene then either...
So stop talking outta your a s s.

Yes I remember your Pac, and the 26 V, and the little blower motor that was somewhat challenged in terms of longevity. And your stint in the loaner V boat the last time it chit and you gave up and went the stock power route in the 32 V. Far as my 32 V, it ran what it ran, supprised a lot of people in 100 mph rigs, and was way out of your class!

Present tense formula vs Fountain, apples to oranges for sure. One is a performance boat, the other is something else. Chit, I sold a 320 Dancer with 496's to a friend a couple years back.

Talk about an Azz speaking!

P.S. 7 in means only 13 to go! You 'da Man!
Old 09-16-2010, 09:56 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boys please continue your saga on TIBBC !!!!!

Thanks,

Now back to our regular programing ....

I have spoke to an engine builder who can use my blocks (using new parts and accesories) ..... turning them into 489cu dyno at approx. 530 hp. for approx. $ 14k installed. I still need some upgraded exaust and hydraulic steering application.

Any ideas on exaust and what kind of $ are realistic and the same for external steering ..... do I need a full system right to the wheel or only a "part time" deal.

Jeff

Last edited by got twins ?; 09-16-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GT, I had stainless marine in a 292 sri using it in salt water and after 4-5 years, they were still perfect. Whatever you do, go with long exhaust risers and mix the water and exhaust as far away from the manifold as possible. Stainless Marine exhaust seem to me to be pretty cost effective. I would go with imco on the steering!!
Old 09-16-2010, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by got twins ?

Thanks,

I have spoke to an engine builder who can use my blocks (using new parts and accesories) ..... turning them into 489cu dyno at approx. 530 hp. for approx. $ 14k installed. I still need some upgraded exaust and hydraulic steering application.

Any ideas on exaust and what kind of $ are realistic and the same for external steering ..... do I need a full system right to the wheel or only a "part time" deal.

Jeff
Def go full hydraulic and 2nd the vote on Imco .... my 353 has the Lathem and 311 I went Imco and the is smoother and easier .... Also Agree on the Stainless Marine pipes ....with the water ran to the ends ......and Prob SM manifolds although I like the looks of the Hardin Marine ..Typhon?
Old 09-16-2010, 09:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by got twins ?

Thanks,

Jeff

You're in the biz, why not call in a favor from your GM buds? Some brand spanky new crate motors would spice things up for you, the 500 hp 502's would be a decent route to go. No GM buds? Call me and I'll see what little bro can do for you. If you're going to be around 500 hp a set of good Gil's or basic CMI E Tops are a good choice for the money.

Far as the steering goes, do the whole deal, helm and all. You owe it to yourself and all on board to have a real system. I did the retro fit on the Velocity with a full IMCO system, pretty simple deal, well worth the money, which is not that bad in reality. Best bang for the buck then, assume the same is true today.

Just beware of the man with the majic solution, unless he's willing to step up and back what he claims he can do. You need a solid, old school, engine guy, I just happen to have one up here. Nothing fancy, just solid, honest and about as good as they get. He'll build you anything you want!

Sorry for the diversion! Just hard to pass on a chance to rile up the know it all Azz.
You know what I mean. Got beer, I'm ready to go!
Old 09-16-2010, 10:59 PM
Registered

My apologies Jeff for having to stifle dickheads' childish rant with facts...
and therefore, unfortunately sponsoring his similarly childish retort.

I think I hit several nerves there exposing his self-inflated and self serving remeberances, for the BS they are,
as well as his lack of ever being anywhere near half the s h i t he "knows all" about.
Nothing new about that from the runt.

If he knew half of what he claims to, he'd be dangerous.
Keyboard intelligence and bravado personified.

Last edited by Rippem; 09-17-2010 at 04:41 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.