Notices
Formula

Boat Values

Old 09-14-2010, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Boat Values

Guys, What do you think?

Have 1995 419 that I really like and have made the way I want it. I am thinking of a new paint job and upgrading dash. Boat is a solid 8 of 10 already. So spend the money on paint or try to sell. I really dont think that I could sell for much anyway. If I paint I know what I got and plan to keep for another five years. I dont think I could replace with money from sale and cost of paint. Only negative to boat other than triples is that it is not stepped. What advice do you have? Thanks in advance Mark
Old 09-14-2010, 08:59 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep it.
,make it nice to suit you and enjoy.Right now you cannot sell a 419 at anything close to it's real worth.Non step,so what?Plenty of non step Formulas with very happy owners.Spend a buck or two to make it nicer and enjoy a great boat
Old 09-15-2010, 07:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Magicfloat
Keep it.
,make it nice to suit you and enjoy.Right now you cannot sell a 419 at anything close to it's real worth.Non step,so what?Plenty of non step Formulas with very happy owners.Spend a buck or two to make it nicer and enjoy a great boat
I second that..........The 419 is a great boat but everyone in the resale market knows 3 motors makes for a hard sale. Look at the 2 47 Fountains I am stuck with...Nice boats BUT people are scared of the fuel and service cost......If you like it....Keep it and trick it out to make it YOUR special ride......The money you invest may not help the resale value ..But it IS a nice ride.....Capt. Steve
Old 09-15-2010, 04:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by selpel
I second that..........The 419 is a great boat but everyone in the resale market knows 3 motors makes for a hard sale. Look at the 2 47 Fountains I am stuck with...Nice boats BUT people are scared of the fuel and service cost......If you like it....Keep it and trick it out to make it YOUR special ride......The money you invest may not help the resale value ..But it IS a nice ride.....Capt. Steve
I third that !!!! both of these guys make 100% sence ... I feel your pain right now .... I am in a similar situtaion. I can't decide what to do ..... but at the end of the day I still love my Formula and you go out and replace our boats for what we own them for or better yet what we are going to get for them.

So shop around get some different ideas regarding who is "the paint guy" and turn it into the best looking 419 out there.

Look up some of the different posts from other fellow OSO Formula owners on what they have done. Check out the thread by Axapowell .... "upgrades to your Formula" ....

Good Luck !!!

Jeff
Old 09-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Registered

Paint it as long as the engines are good. How many hours? I would us a Chromapremier Paint with a good Imron Clear. Wet sand in between coats and put two or more coats of Clear Imron on it and your good to go. If I had to guess 5k for a nice job. The market will come back up, my guess next summer. There are very few new repo boats left and the dealers are cutting inventory. It's hard to get financing on an older go fast. When I sold my 3 year old go fast the buyer had a hard time getting all his money. I held the paper for 20K @ 8% and put a second lien on it. He paid me back in two years and never missed a payment. My guess yours cleaned up and painted with good engines could sell for 80K plus if it is right. In a year or two that will look cheap. There is a Top Gun 38 foot for sale in my neck of the woods with supercharged 525's less than 200 hours for 100K 2003. Great deal but no takers and it is spotless

Last edited by islandman; 09-15-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:15 PM
Registered

Thanks for the replys

Mithcher T is going to do the paint, and the motors are 500 hp and run very strong. They do however have six hundred hrs on them. But did leak down test and all is well. I do figure sometime soon the motors will be done as well. But at that point the boat will be all new and look as such. So i think paint is the way to go also just wanted to see if others agree.

Magic float would need new cockpit cover to match I will let u know what color when I have decided. Thanks again
Old 09-15-2010, 05:19 PM
Registered

One other comment referring to fuel consumption. run with 35's and 38's and not a big difference at all in fuel. 38 is about the same maybe 5% difference on a long run.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ninetym
Thanks for the replys

Mithcher T is going to do the paint, and the motors are 500 hp and run very strong. They do however have six hundred hrs on them. But did leak down test and all is well. I do figure sometime soon the motors will be done as well. But at that point the boat will be all new and look as such. So i think paint is the way to go also just wanted to see if others agree.

Magic float would need new cockpit cover to match I will let u know what color when I have decided. Thanks again

I had HP 500's in my Active Thunder with about 400 hours when I sold it running in salt. The guy that bought it has over 800 hours and never a problem other than it used about a QT of oil every 5 hours from day one. The manifolds are still original. Go figure! Those are great engines, plus they look real cool. I have a 28 inch pitch 4 blade bravo one FS (NEW) if you know anyone. If I recall I used about 8 gallons per engine @ cruise and my cruise was over 50. I would take that any day. Now I cruise @ 3000 RPM's @ 21-23mph and use around 20 per hour

Last edited by islandman; 09-15-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:59 PM
Registered

I agree with every thing the other guys are saying except for this statement "My guess yours cleaned up and painted with good engines could sell for 80K plus if it is right."
We sold a 1998 419 Fas-Tech with trip/525hps that had about
275 hrs. on it, fresh water, gen had 22 hrs on it, looked brand new, sold it back in 1998 to a great Formula owner that live by the rule "If is needs fixed.fix it and let me know what I owe you." Now for the bad part, sold it with the 12K lift for 87K..........But it was a steal!
Capt. Steve

P.S. If Magicfloat cant help you with that cover give me a call.....573-216-4392
Old 09-15-2010, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

all good info .... I just got a 353 Stepped hull this summer and while it is faster ....still love the V hull on my 311 ....

I have said this before but would love to see someone take a 419 and rework it for a staggered twin big power!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.