Notices
Formula

AYC drops Formula

Old 09-22-2010, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down AYC drops Formula

From my email:

In the wake of our recent success as being named the "#1 COBALT BOAT DEALER IN THE WORLD", it will soon be announced that Arrowhead Boat Sales and Formula Boats are parting ways. This may come as a shock to some of you, but as the business climate has changed, Arrowheads and Formulas business model has gone different directions as well. The sales team has really turned their focus to our other boat lines these last few years and we will continue to lean on these great companies to carry us through the years ahead. The Arrowhead team has had a good run with Formula boats over the last 30+ years; we have gained many wonderful lifelong customers and friends along the way, and we are not going to abandon any of them. Arrowhead will continue to service each and every boat that we have sold and warranty every new Formula we sold as well. Formula Boats will soon announce that Grand Lake Boat Sales at HiLift Marina will be the new dealer. They have wished us well with our future business and we have wished them the same. Transitions are never easy, but this move puts us in a better position to be more successful in the long run.

Anyone know any other details or care to elaborate on this... makes me want to possibly rethink my plans to buy a new Formula for 2011...???

A little background info, the same person basically owns the 4 biggest marinas at Grand Lake. They were the only Cobalt and Formula dealer on the lake.. now they are pushing Formula off to a marina that to the best of my knowledge has never had a boat sales department....??
Old 09-22-2010, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi-Lift sells Tige and Rinker and has been in Drowning Creek for over 60 years. I know the ownership changed in 1998 and since then they appear to be doing okay. They have added several manufacturer lines and the addition of Formula would appear a normal succession especially with how Arrowhead sales staff tries to push the Cobalt boats on everyone. I went in to look a a smaller Formula (24') and they kept trying to show me the Cobalt instead of what I went in to see. I know there is a price difference but I went in to look at a Formula not a Cobalt.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=mroberts;3214370]From my email:

Anyone know any other details or care to elaborate on this... makes me want to possibly rethink my plans to buy a new Formula for 2011...???

Not putting down Formula in any way.........but why would you buy a new 2011 when there are still 09s that can be had for not much more than 0.50 cents on the dollar?
While Formula builds a nice boat and is run by decent people.They need to make drastic changes fast.......They have truly priced them selves out of this market.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:55 PM
Registered

Not putting down Formula in any way.........but why would you buy a new 2011 when there are still 09s that can be had for not much more than 0.50 cents on the dollar?
While Formula builds a nice boat and is run by decent people.They need to make drastic changes fast.......They have truly priced them selves out of this market.
Oh, I agree 100000x. I am not in the market for a 2011. I am looking at 01-05 400ss. I have found a few 05s in great shape under 180k. I have never understood why people went out and bought these things new in the first place. The poor people that bought from 2006-2010 are taking a KILLING right now. I see used 2007s asking for more than a new 2011.... that is NUTS!

Overall, I just don't like losing my current dealer.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:35 PM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

I believe Formula is in the process of making some serious dealer changes, there have been a number of dealer changes over the last sixty days that make you scratch your head as to what and why???