Glencove Marine Formula Boats, Lake of the Ozarks

Notices
Formula

Glencove Marine Formula Boats, Lake of the Ozarks

Old 11-14-2010, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is Bald Knob next?

Last edited by Back4More; 11-18-2010 at 11:18 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mroberts
I had a feeling this was coming. I think Formula is making BIG mistakes... they are losing all of their backing from all of the best dealers in the country.

I just bought a used Formula, and this concerns me. I think the management at Thunderbird needs to really think about what they are doing.
Hey Matt, This is probably the biggest concern I have with the current Formula situation. Their dealer network all but gone, the first thing a new buyer wants to know is how they are going to be taking care of in the future. The problem is that no one has a crystal ball and can tell us what the future is. But hopefully new and used Formula buyers will see what they are looking for on the water, stop the current owners of the boat, and ask the questions such as why they bought their boat, would they recommend the dealer and does he know his boat line. And maybe even tell the a great web blog to checkout to ask more questions............Capt. Steve
Old 11-14-2010, 09:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Back4More
Is Blad Knob next?
Don`t know............crystal ball still broke....Capt. Steve
Old 11-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
Does continue to service also mean that you will continue to be authorized to perform warranty work? If not it makes me wonder how Foramula plans to honor their warranties in a direct sales model.
Hey John, I will know more about the situation in the very near future and I will give you a call.........Capt. Steve
Old 11-15-2010, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by selpel
Hey John, I will know more about the situation in the very near future and I will give you a call.........Capt. Steve
Thanks Steve.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:40 AM
Burnin' Love
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Back4More
Is Blad Knob next?
Good question, wouldn't surprise me if they are on the chopping block.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
Does continue to service also mean that you will continue to be authorized to perform warranty work? If not it makes me wonder how Foramula plans to honor their warranties in a direct sales model.
Can you imagine not having dealer support on your 350SS? Formula makes a great boat but you had at least a half dozen service calls on your new boat. It would make me second guess signing on the dotted line on a $200K - $400K boat.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Can you imagine not having dealer support on your 350SS? Formula makes a great boat but you had at least a half dozen service calls on your new boat. It would make me second guess signing on the dotted line on a $200K - $400K boat.
Almost 2 years to work the kinks out. This season everything worked perfect, other than handle to the head door broke one of the screw brackets. Not sure I will bother fixing that though until the other screw bracket lets go. I'm not as big a bragger on formula QA as some other folks are. Great boat though as far as function and design. Some of it was new model and working the kinks out, which I knew would happen.

I'd never buy another new Formula without a strong service support plan, which I guess we can wait and see how that will happen in this new sales model, or for boating in general for that matter. Boat manufacturers might get a direct sales model to work, but they won't get a direct service model to work.

Last edited by Mentalpause; 11-16-2010 at 09:25 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:14 AM
Registered

Not to get off subject, but do you by chance have a bimini enclosure for a 2004 353 fastech?
Old 11-20-2010, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

its a shame that no one really knows where Formula is going right now, they rolled out a new model which is encouraging but it seems the fastec's production has all but stopped, times are tough hopefully they can whether the rest of the storm, they made it this far