292 in the classifieds >

292 in the classifieds

Notices
Formula

292 in the classifieds

Old 02-11-2011, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You got a great deal, was it a Repo? I don' need to sell it and am certainly not going to give it away. It is in great condition... If it doesn't sell I will keep enjoying it. I can think of a lot worse things than bring stuck with a Formula 292
Old 02-11-2011, 09:10 AM
Registered

39k is a rediculous deal. I looked for months and had a tough time finding a 292 below 50k.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:15 AM
Registered

Twice the hours, no trailer( please correct me if I'm wrong Moses), does tours have hydraulic steering? Bimini top with full enclosure? Every boat and deal is different, just saying
Old 02-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 791 Likes on 373 Posts

NautibyNature, I didnt mean any dis-respect. I am sure your boat is in excellent shape and well cared for...I am just saying there are some great deals out there. This might be a hard move at this price. You should keep it and enjoy it...The 292's are a blast.

The price I gave is a little misleading. We paid 39k for the boat and 3k for an all aluminum real extreme trailer (company in florida)...So a total of 42k. However the dealer threw in 2 brand new props into the deal. So we have 2 sets. All of which are in great shape. So that was an added value of almost 1k. Plus they delivered it to our local marina free of charge from new jersey. That would probably have cost another 500. On top of that we have the upgraded lightning graphics. I think this is the ojnly 292 with this graphic package in the country (a 10k add on)

Our boat does not have a bimini top but does have hydraulic steering. Now I dont think it is as in good of shape as yours but we certainly did well. Here are pics to refresh the memory...

Last edited by 1MOSES1; 02-11-2011 at 01:42 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 791 Likes on 373 Posts

also keep in mind...sometimes hours can be deceiving on a boat. a buyer has to weigh regular use (wear and tear) vs. non regular use (wear tear from sitting around)...

i have seen some 8 yr old boats with little hours but they just sat around. seals were dried out. not everything worked properly. i am not saying this is the case with your boat. just saying just because its low hours means its a slam dunk. buying any boat is a risk. underlying problems can exist on even the most cared for boats...
Old 02-11-2011, 02:22 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by NautibyNature
Thanks for the pic, the boat looks great, good luck with the sale.
Just have fun with it while it's selling.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by moses0324
also keep in mind...sometimes hours can be deceiving on a boat. a buyer has to weigh regular use (wear and tear) vs. non regular use (wear tear from sitting around)...

i have seen some 8 yr old boats with little hours but they just sat around. seals were dried out. not everything worked properly. i am not saying this is the case with your boat. just saying just because its low hours means its a slam dunk. buying any boat is a risk. underlying problems can exist on even the most cared for boats...
You got a GREAT deal Justin....... you are VERY lucky!
Old 02-11-2011, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The one he is selling has drive showers and we all know how pricey the are.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:26 PM
Registered

did I mention it also has two covers, one black and one purple...2k for the full and 1k for the cockpit if you have to buy them

Last edited by NautibyNature; 02-11-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by moses0324

What if it is used every weekend, leave the dock run 25 minutes to anchor spot, hang out all day and run 25 minutes back home. Now you have regular use with low hours. Have you pulled your manifolds and risers to check for corrosion? 300 hours in salt water, if the previous owner didn't flush you might have some problems. You don't want to find out the hard way. I'd also be careful about wearing shoes on that 10k paint job or it could definitely be one of a kind. JayFan is right, you were lucky to get that kind of a deal on such a unique 292. You should bring it down here for Jammin on the James.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.