2nd Annual Birds on the Bay Formula Rendezvous - NJ >

2nd Annual Birds on the Bay Formula Rendezvous - NJ

Notices
Formula

2nd Annual Birds on the Bay Formula Rendezvous - NJ

Old 06-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree more boats more fun. But we definately need more participation though. Can't have another 9 boat repeat from last year. Which is why we are trying to hype this event up as much as we can.

JB - Check out www.forkedrivermarinas.com. It's a combination of three marinas which are all connected to each other. So you have your pick basically. Marina and bathrooms are clean and are a friendly group of people. Rates are $2 per foot, $1.50 if your a Boat US member. I believe use of the pool is included, but I would call and double check that. No boat ramp, will provide a list below of all area ramps. This is where I usually stay and will be staying for the weekend. Bathrooms and showers have no AC, sucks on a hot day.

Other marinas worth looking at are:

Southwinds - Ramp on sight, $20 launch and retrieval fee. Can be kind of tight getting in and out, especially for a 38. Gas dock gets in the way. Transients available, don't know the rates. No pool, filled it in to make more seating room for the resturant. Resturant brings in crowds on the weekends, which can also bring added noise. Definately worth looking into though. Really a one stop shop.

Ricks Marina - Transient slips are $1.00 per foot right on the river. Ramp on sight with plenty of room for both truck and trailer in fenced in yard. $10 launch and retrieval fee. No pool. Marina's clean. Bathrooms & showers are Air Conditioned I believe.

Area Ramps (Recommend checking out arial view on Google Maps, all have plenty of water)

Southwinds ($20 ramp fee) Concrete
Townsends Marina ($10 ramp fee) Concrete
Ricks Marina ($10 ramp fee) Concrete
Lacey Elks Lodge ($10 ramp fee) Concrete
Township Ramp (FREE, use at own risk) Sand
Old 06-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Splitdecision271
I agree more boats more fun. But we definately need more participation though. Can't have another 9 boat repeat from last year. Which is why we are trying to hype this event up as much as we can.

JB - Check out www.forkedrivermarinas.com. It's a combination of three marinas which are all connected to each other. So you have your pick basically. Marina and bathrooms are clean and are a friendly group of people. Rates are $2 per foot, $1.50 if your a Boat US member. I believe use of the pool is included, but I would call and double check that. No boat ramp, will provide a list below of all area ramps. This is where I usually stay and will be staying for the weekend. Bathrooms and showers have no AC, sucks on a hot day.

Other marinas worth looking at are:

Southwinds - Ramp on sight, $20 launch and retrieval fee. Can be kind of tight getting in and out, especially for a 38. Gas dock gets in the way. Transients available, don't know the rates. No pool, filled it in to make more seating room for the resturant. Resturant brings in crowds on the weekends, which can also bring added noise. Definately worth looking into though. Really a one stop shop.

Ricks Marina - Transient slips are $1.00 per foot right on the river. Ramp on sight with plenty of room for both truck and trailer in fenced in yard. $10 launch and retrieval fee. No pool. Marina's clean. Bathrooms & showers are Air Conditioned I believe.

Area Ramps (Recommend checking out arial view on Google Maps, all have plenty of water)

Southwinds ($20 ramp fee) Concrete
Townsends Marina ($10 ramp fee) Concrete
Ricks Marina ($10 ramp fee) Concrete
Lacey Elks Lodge ($10 ramp fee) Concrete
Township Ramp (FREE, use at own risk) Sand
I would take Townsends, Ricks, Township one and probably the Elks (haven't used it personally) right off the list they are all way too small and just not right for the bigger boats Brian. I have used all of them except the Elks but all of them end and drop off or the concrete in the deeper waters are really shaky. With my 26pc I need a lot of water and Southwinds ramp makes the job easy for me on any tide. I'm sure the 38 likes water so it would be your best bet in the area. As far as marinas, there's no pool at Southwinds but when it comes to convenience and class its second to none on the river. The pool itself was filled in for the banquet area downstairs for weddings so that is not an issue for noise. Here's the links to the restaurant and the marina.

marina - http://marinaatsouthwinds.com/home.php

restaurant - http://www.latitudesontheriver.com/
Old 06-08-2011, 07:23 PM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

Thanks so much for all the good info, I will start to make calls to see who is willing to accommodate. Let's hope for good weather

JB
Old 06-08-2011, 07:58 PM
Registered

Not that these people want to hear us go back and forth, we can settle this at a later date. HA HA HA

BUT.....I agree that the township should be right off the list. I did mention that it should be used at your own risk. Free is free to some people.

The others are all definately viable options, IMO.

The tide change in the river is measured in inches not feet, so the tide will not be a factor at any of these spots.

Townsends is the widest out of all the ramps. It does drop off on the left side backing down, but your in the middle of the river so you got 7 feet of water at the stern. My Pop's pulls and launches his 31PC from there with no problem, and he's taken more water the the 26. Straight shot on and off the trailer. Not to mention its $10 cheaper then Southwinds.

Southwinds - Although plenty of water, can be tricky getting in and out of, especially for the bigger boats, Thomas. Especially if there is a smaller boat on the inside of the gas dock right there by the ramp, which I've seen. It's a tight fit for the 31PC, but it's doable, a 38 might be a different story. It's not a straight shot on and off the trailer. Your helm experience could potentially be tested in bigger boats.

Ricks - never used it personally but I've checked it out and wouldn't hesitate or think twice about using it if I had too. It's a straight shot on and off the trailer. Again, $10 cheaper then Southwinds.

The Elks doesn't drop off, plenty of water, and has a nice gradual incline. Pops has pulled the 31PC out of there as well. Probably only downfall is that it's on the other branch of the river, away from the marinas. Again $10 cheaper then Southwinds.

I'm just the messenger. Just trying to provide as much information I can. Everyone's final decision is completely up to them. I'm just trying to provide my unbiased opinion. Which is why I recommended to google map all of the locations before deciding.

Also check out:
http://www.jerseymarinas.com/ramp.htm
Old 06-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Registered

Last edited by I.D.C.E.; 06-08-2011 at 09:26 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:03 PM
Registered

Waaaaaa!!!!!
Old 06-11-2011, 07:16 AM
Registered

Thomas and I made up. We're all good now. We agreed to disagree!

I'm getting a bit tired of beautiful weekdays and crappy weekends. If this is a sign of things to come this season, looking forward to my week off in July, the boating should be lovely.

Guess I'll get some work done on the house
Old 06-11-2011, 07:43 AM
Registered

I hear ya, I have to hold off on some house work until i'm sure it won't rain....maybe a jetski ride b/4 everyone heads out? I spoke to a couple Formula owners around the way & gave 'em the 411 on the event. Gota hype this!!!
Old 06-11-2011, 01:23 PM
Registered

Definately! Tom and I are planning to go Formula to Formula when we're over at Tices and hand out flyers or something. I suggested business cards, but Tom said he has an idea and has it taken care of.

He's so mysterious!
Old 06-12-2011, 12:49 AM
Registered

you guys have an amazing bro-mance!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.