Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Airhorn?

Registered

Airhorn?

What is the source of air for the air horn on my 353? I'm assuming it's a replaceable air can but where is it located? I've never been able to find it.

It's all my fault VIP Member axapowell's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Blinged Up 353 Fastech w/600's and XR's, Boxes and Sportmaster Shorties
    Inside the port gunwale there is a compressor and horn. It is in between the storage compartment and the rear bulkhead. The compressor is probably ok, it's usually the horn it self. Mine was metal, I replaced it with a plastic one. Did the compressor while I was at it too. It's a real PIA. Good luck.

Dave
    "Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of Fear."
    Buzzy Trent

Registered
    My Boats:
    03 292 fastech
    bugs nest was in mine cleaned it, installed a screen

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by axapowell View Post
    Inside the port gunwale there is a compressor and horn. It is in between the storage compartment and the rear bulkhead. The compressor is probably ok, it's usually the horn it self. Mine was metal, I replaced it with a plastic one. Did the compressor while I was at it too. It's a real PIA. Good luck.

Dave

Thanks Dave! Mine works just fine, it kinda scared the sh*t outta me when I hit the horn for the first time. I wasnt expecting it to be that loud. Thanks for the info!