Oil presure gauge

Notices
Formula

Oil presure gauge

Old 07-04-2011, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Oil presure gauge

Any had any issues with the oils pressure gauge or senders on a 292 fastech coming back in from a long ride the other day my oil pressure gauge was going crazy would be at 40 then instantly go to 0 with the red light and then right back to 40 again no lose of power of anything else? Psi at idle on way in 20 ?under some rpm 40 has not done it again but I have watched this gauge before at idle and it's realy irattic not smooth at all ? Jumps all around. Got back to port checked oil levels perfect motors temps cool and nothing apparent. I figured as hard as I was running zero oil presure woulda launched this motor it is still running flawless ? Any ideas I'm thinking the sender or wiring
Old 07-04-2011, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you answered your own question! I was thinking bad ground or crappy connection or sender.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JB33
I think you answered your own question! I was thinking bad ground or crappy connection or sender.
Thx for the quick response I'm thinkin these gauges or senders are junk after reading some other post ? Hope it's not a nightmare to track down
Old 07-04-2011, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Loose connection ....check the sender .....i think that sender has 3 terminals. Gauge,light, and gnd ......m