Notices
Formula

310ss???

Old 08-24-2011, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 310ss???

A friend of mine is planning to go to the UK to look at a 310SS that is refitted with 496HO's. He's wondering about speed. For what I know, the 310SS will run about 56-57 with 496MAG's. I recall something about a test of the FX5 in powerboat mag, but I've had some of my powerboat and other mags ruined due to a smaller rain flood in July. Does anyone have the issue and can look up the performance numbers? Reason I ask is, the guy who is selling the boat, claims 65, and my friend is asking about a ballpark figure. If the 496HO number is below 60, he will look for something else, and avoid the long trip from Denmark. To me, 65 just sounds too high. I'm thinking 60-61, 62 tops. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Old 08-25-2011, 06:25 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

I agree 65 is high. But I think it will hit 60, and a tad above. My 350 with HOs will run 57-58.