292 won't run 70-72 mph

Notices
Formula

292 won't run 70-72 mph

Old 09-13-2011, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2fast9tech2
this is just one example. another example is when we had a conversation regarding shower pickups for outdrives. i stated how expensive they were for what they are (simply bent tube). i beleive back then you had some negative comment like "if you cant afford the hobby then you should get out"...hope this rings a bell. i have several other examples just dont feel like reflecting on negativity.
Hey how did you make out with buying the wrong trailer and making it fit,(when I told you to just buy the right one) a year later you were looking for another trailer.
I loved when you posted the pictures from Boat Pix with the water marks on them,while no one on here really likes Boat Pix you ordered them copied them and sent them back.
You also posted a picture once shooting a tail,I commented that you were trimmed to high.Trim is used to set the boat at the proper angle of attack,not look cool for the picture.
I really liked when you had some problem I think it was overheating and the suggestions made on here were not correct.You complained about that.Did you really think we can diagnose a boat through a computer.Members can only offer suggestions,sometimes they work sometimes they don't.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
Hey how did you make out with buying the wrong trailer and making it fit,(when I told you to just buy the right one) a year later you were looking for another trailer.
I loved when you posted the pictures from Boat Pix with the water marks on them,while no one on here really likes Boat Pix you ordered them copied them and sent them back.
You also posted a picture once shooting a tail,I commented that you were trimmed to high.Trim is used to set the boat at the proper angle of attack,not look cool for the picture.
I really liked when you had some problem I think it was overheating and the suggestions made on here were not correct.You complained about that.Did you really think we can diagnose a boat through a computer.Members can only offer suggestions,sometimes they work sometimes they don't.

1. my trailer works perfectly fine. it trails great. it may be a little long but doesnt really bother us that much (boat sits in the yard 90% of the time anyways). we were offered money for it and that is the reason why i was looking to replace it. none of your business really.

2. i never ordered or recieived prints from boatpix. they sent me proofs and i thought i would share. get your facts straight. i never ordered them to scan and send back.

3. i had no problem with your suggestion for overheating. actually i thanked you for your suggestion and advice. i always do on here. i appreciate your input but you come off as a know it all which you arent. that was what my post was referring too. its annoying that you think you know everything and are mostly negative. i have gone against your advice many times and have been just fine.

dont take my comments personally, just calling it how i see it. sorry for highjacking this thread. im done with this topic.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Registered

Don't worry I am busting my butt and getting there.Soon I will be hanging out in the Pantera or Fountain section.You won't have to worry about me hurting anyones feelings in the Formula section then.

Because you don't like the way I do it why don't you outline the theory of how a stepped hull works and proper trim setting...and why for everyone.Maybe your gentler and kinder way of posting will be more effective.

And I never acted like a know it all but I do know a lot about the 292s....you just don't like to be told anything.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:55 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Seriously? Why don't you grow up a bit and respect someone who has been there and done that; AND takes the time to share his experience with others?
Old 09-13-2011, 08:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Seriously? Why don't you grow up a bit and respect someone who has been there and done that; AND takes the time to share his experience with others?
I think I went about this in a grown up way. In no way was it childish. I do appreciate the input, suggestions, etc...but the way he goes about it is very aggravating as he comes across as a know it all. Like I said that's just my opinion.

And just as a side note. I have gotten no where in life by respecting people who have been there and done that. I blaze my own trail, learn a lot of my own lessons, earn everything I do, and as a result am viewed as an equal. I don't know anyone my age doing what I do. So don't lecture me on respect, and all that bs, etc...i view everyone as an equal but I'm certainly not putting anyone on a pedestal.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
Don't worry I am busting my butt and getting there.Soon I will be hanging out in the Pantera or Fountain section.You won't have to worry about me hurting anyones feelings in the Formula section then.

Because you don't like the way I do it why don't you outline the theory of how a stepped hull works and proper trim setting...and why for everyone.Maybe your gentler and kinder way of posting will be more effective.

And I never acted like a know it all but I do know a lot about the 292s....you just don't like to be told anything.
Congratulations I hope everything works out for the best. I'll repeat this because It seems as tho you don't read my posts. I do appreciate your experiences, suggestions, and input but sometimes you come across as a know it all and it's quite annoying..to me anyways. In regards to not liking to be told anything...uhhh I try everything that is suggested here but I also don't like to be looked down upon. I have earned my way into this position so I don't like being treated like an idiot.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 2fast9tech2
Congratulations I hope everything works out for the best. I'll repeat this because It seems as tho you don't read my posts. I do appreciate your experiences, suggestions, and input but sometimes you come across as a know it all and it's quite annoying..to me anyways. In regards to not liking to be told anything...uhhh I try everything that is suggested here but I also don't like to be looked down upon. I have earned my way into this position so I don't like being treated like an idiot.
I have never looked down upon you,like I tell some people I lived in Brooklyn for 9 years and made a living with gun belt on my waist so I may come off a little strong sometimes.
One thing I will always speak out on is trim settings on a stepped hull.When I bought my boat I went from a Jet Ski to the Formula.Most of what the salesman taught me was wrong and I realized I was way over my head.I spent a day with a friend, Martin Sanborn who was at the time one of the VPs of Fountain had raced for years and is now running the P1 circuit.Martin taught me the theory of how to run a stepped hull,not do this when it does that.The 292s are not an aggressive hull so they are probably hard to spin but it can be done.We have a new boat owner come on and gets the worst possible advice about how to trim his boat,other members agree and you have a problem with my response.
What you have done at your age is impressive,but I have learned that sometimes trying to save money costs more in the long run.This is going back to the drive shower comment.I can make 400 dollars in less time than I could make drive showers.Maybe you can't yet but you will be able to someday and then you will understand what I meant.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm really surprice to see so much discussions throughout OSO about which is the proper trim settings. Take your GPS Speedo and see whichever gives the best result, and there you have it. On the 292 you will defenetly find that a moderate trim is best.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
+1

I have asked the same question on another thread. Cannot find any hard data on what these headers will give you in terms of torque and horsepower on a stock 6.2. I asked TCM who sells these headers and they did not have any info. Would like to see back-to-back dyno results. The weight savings and bling alone are not enough for me to pull the trigger.
I am running the 383 scorpions with the stainless marine exhaust.The motors came with the cmi headers but i could not use them because they would no tie in to my captains call. i would have to buy cmi's verison and that was anothe 3k, so mercury gave me a credit. with a full tank and three people the boat will run 78 to 80 on pretty flat water with conservative trim. Were the motors worth it ? yes it is alot more fun to drive. I usually cruise at arounf 4000rpms which is around 50mph. As far as the cmi exhaust if you guys go to there website you will find test charts on the 383 scorpion running with stock manifolds and with the headers. there was a significant increase in hp with the cmi. When I had the 6.2's the first mod I did was the stainless marine exhaust, there was no increase in top end , but the mid range improved. I also installed the 280k planes , big difference in rough water. stock my boat never saw more then 68-69mph.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:14 PM
Registered

Did you take all the pinwheel baffels out of your tips,I know we talked about it and I can't remember.That nice numbers with those motors.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.