Fastechs and 3Blade Mirage Plus Props? >

Fastechs and 3Blade Mirage Plus Props?

Notices
Formula

Fastechs and 3Blade Mirage Plus Props?

Old 10-06-2011, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fastechs and 3Blade Mirage Plus Props?

Anyone do it or tried it? How does the stepped hull respond to 3 blades? Pick up any top end speed or cruise? Did you go up one inch pitch above your 4 blade?
Old 10-06-2011, 10:11 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts
Default 271 Fastech

I put my 23" Mirage plus on to give it a try, normally just my back-up. Primary prop is a Hydromotive 24" Q IV cleaver. What I have noticed is that it comes up on plane with less throttle and also quicker. Top end is about the same right now. I say that because I'm not used to the feel on the pad, I don't have trim too much with 23 vs the 24 hydro ( I have to give it alot trim). The 23 gives 5300rpm and probably a tad more ( again not used to feel of boat), the 24 hydro gives me just 5000rpm. My top end non gps on both right now is 69ish. My engine builder ran it after the build and said it ran to flat with hydro 24, that a bravo 1 would give better bow lift, thus me trying the 23" Mirage. Throttle response is way better with the 23" than 24 hydro. I have only run 1 weekend with the 23" so it will take more run time for a better feel, that will have to happen next year, boat is getting winterized this week. I'm no expert on perf boating, just my opinion on limited experience so far. Talked to BBlades, they recommended 24" Bravo 1 or 26" Bravo 1 to start testing.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

For years Merc Racing I took orders from Thunderbird Products for Lab Finished Bravo 1's for all FasTech hulls. They just seemed to be the best option.

Other props will obviously work as well. The Bravo 1 Labs had the best all around performance.

Mirage + props can work depending on each application. The typical down fall was the slip % would be high with the 3 blade due to the over arriated water the hull produces.

Bottom line is, if the 3 blade props are hooked up well they can have the better top speed. For my money, the Bravo 1 props are the best bet.

Brett
Old 10-14-2011, 05:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
For years Merc Racing I took orders from Thunderbird Products for Lab Finished Bravo 1's for all FasTech hulls. They just seemed to be the best option.

Other props will obviously work as well. The Bravo 1 Labs had the best all around performance.

Mirage + props can work depending on each application. The typical down fall was the slip % would be high with the 3 blade due to the over arriated water the hull produces.

Bottom line is, if the 3 blade props are hooked up well they can have the better top speed. For my money, the Bravo 1 props are the best bet.

Brett
I've got labbed Bravo-1 30's and and my slip is still at 17% which seems real hig.. Thinking a five blade may be better not sure now.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:41 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

We have done great things with Turbo OXP's and small diameter Maximus props on your hull.

Also, if your 30 Labbed Bravos are standard template Merc Racing Labs, we can modify the pitch progression to decrease the slip number.

Brett