Notices
Formula

Recently ordered a new Formula

Old 12-18-2011, 09:46 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recently ordered a new Formula

I am taking delivery of my 2012 350SS this spring. It was the best compromise between a cruiser and a go-fast that I could find. Gotta keep the wife and two little girls happy. Going with the saphire blue hull and all the bells and whistles, including the new Volvo sterndrive joystick docking system. This is my first boat, even though I have been around them all my life, so I figured I would load it up right!

Hope the factory can send me build pics along the way. Gonna be a looooong winter!

PS: I think i might own the record for the member that was around the longest without actually owning a boat!! Happy to pass along that torch to someone else.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats!

Formula good at keeping you in the loop during the build process. I've seen threads by others who have ordered boats, and they've sent pictures and updates throughout the whole process.

Are you thinking of doing the tour of Formula while it's being built?
Old 12-18-2011, 10:28 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I am toying with the idea of going out there. But Indiana in the winter is not exactly an easy sell
Old 12-18-2011, 10:37 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by xconn92
I am toying with the idea of going out there. But Indiana in the winter is not exactly an easy sell
LOL! And Connecticut IS???

Good choice with the Volvo package, between corrosion issues and Axius nightmares, the Bravo 3 package has been very problematic. The 350SS is a nice size boat - congratulations! You'll find the Formula folks to be great people; it's a family-run business.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratz!!!!!
Old 12-18-2011, 06:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

[QUOTE=C_Spray;3573768]LOL! And Connecticut IS???

What I should have said was if I am getting on a plane this winter, I'd rather be heading somewhere warm. Direct flight to FL or change planes to freezeout in IN

But i still might do it. Not sure how many times I will be building a new boat in my life.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:58 PM
Registered

I have never ordered a new Formula but I plan on doing the tour this summer anyway.

Congrats on the boat. Post some pics as they come through.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats, there was a member hear that built a 292 he had photo doc of every step, well maybe not every but the big ones, and did a factory tour during the build, was very cool, he posted the pics as he got them on the forum very cool
Old 12-18-2011, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Back in 04 we ordered a new 292 and had the boat painted an 02/03 graphic ( World Championship in Daytona. Boat was awesome and we lost it in a storage fire 5 years later. All is good, now we have a 353. We went to the factory while the boat was in production, got a great tour and saw the boat in the paint booth between spray coats. Very worthwhile trip , despite the lackluster surroundings. Best part was when we were leaving, my wife asked if Scott Porter was in. The took us up to his office and we talked for a while. Pretty cool and nice guy to chat with. Cool trip. Steve
Old 12-18-2011, 09:23 PM
Registered

Congrats. Did you order the boat thru Ocean Performance? I think they are still a Formula dealer......?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.