292 fastech handling? >

292 fastech handling?

Notices
Formula

292 fastech handling?

Old 01-11-2012, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

loose: thanks for the explanation. Makes sense, I noticed that on my new to me 260SS, the Bennetts are very slow. On this boat it's not critical but I imagine on a faster boat, response time and size of the tabs could be critical.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by looseconnection
How in the hell do you keep your tansom so clean? I cant help but get a water line and some soot.... Nice hardware for sure.
Thanks. I use Roll-Off cleaner and Lime Away on the drives and polished parts. Also Collinite heavy duty paste wax for protection. After the wax just mild boat soap keeps it clean for quite a while.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by diverkr
It's a struggle to keep my transom somewhat clean.

Just dropped my boat off today for the ProCharger install. Updates to follow.

May look into getting a set of Lenco high performance trim tabs, heard they are a great product at a good price.
Nice! Looking forward to updates. Good luck.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Registered

After checking out the Lenco website they appear to be an electrically powered tab. The whole system is contained on the exterior of the boat. Curious how they compare to typical hydraulic tabs as far as quickness. I am guessing it will eliminate the pumps and some additional parts/plumbing associated with the Bennetts or K planes.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:04 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Lots of go fast fishing cc use the lencos, They have always caught my eye. I am 70 wot so I feel that lencos would be fine but what about 80? Another great thing is electronic indicaters no cables to corrode.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by looseconnection
How in the hell do you keep your tansom so clean? I cant help but get a water line and some soot.... Nice hardware for sure.
A little off topic in this thread, but I started using a product called Power One this year. Takes water lines and built up stains off in seconds. Just spray on and rinse off for most, you may need to lightly wipe for stubborn stains. Works better than any acid I have ever used, and it is not harsh. Gloves are not required. Got it here.

http://www.power1one.com/Fountain_of...outh_Home.html