Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Registered
    My Boats:
    312 Fastech

1984 Formula 242 LS

I am in the process of a complete overhall on my 84 242 LS. Interior, exterior, wiring, stereo, engine.. My question is, I just upgraded to a 350 Mag MPI, 325 HP. I was getting 39 mph top speed on an old 260 HP. Any ideas with how much increase in speed I will see and what prop pitch I should spin?

Registered
    Post this up in the Formula section and see if anyone on there has a similar set up on their 242. You have a 1.47 drive ratio and were spinning a 15" rev 4 prop on an alpha gen 1 with the old engine. Introduce yourself and tell a little about your project.

You can also do a search for 242ls and dig up what is in the archives. I am sure you will find quite a bit of interesting info.

This section is more for the "hows" and "whats" of the forum itself.
    Last edited by WOTW2E; 01-12-2012 at 03:42 PM.

Registered
    My Boats:
    312 Fastech
    Quote Originally Posted by WOTW2E View Post
    Post this up in the Formula section and see if anyone on there has a similar set up on their 242. You have a 1.47 drive ratio and were spinning a 15" rev 4 prop on an alpha gen 1 with the old engine. Introduce yourself and tell a little about your project.

You can also do a search for 242ls and dig up what is in the archives. I am sure you will find quite a bit of interesting info.

This section is more for the "hows" and "whats" of the forum itself.
    Good deal, thanks Shookman