223ss rear seat

Notices
Formula

223ss rear seat

Old 01-20-2012, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 223ss rear seat

During the winter engine upgrade I just ran into a problem the CMI headers I just bought hit the rear seat when I close it I new the carb would be close just never thought the headers would be an issue. Has anyone else ran into this problem and if so is their a fix other than getting different exhaust? What would the next best manifold style exhaust be if I decide to get rid of what I got.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

If you're running e-tops there is no performance advantage over a set of Stainless Marines, IMCO's, Danas, Gils ect. I prefer Stainless Marines but there all equally good!
Old 01-20-2012, 06:24 PM
Registered

I have a set of sport tubes. Is their a manifold that is a direct replacement? All the ones I see looks like the angle is way off
Old 01-23-2012, 09:01 PM
Registered

endeavour32
Are 496 manifolds worth buying or should I look for an aftermarket manifold.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Registered

I have the Stainless Marine manifolds and they fit fine. My carburetor and flame arrestor however did not. There is a hole cut on the underside with a form molded plastic insert attached to the hole to finish it off. You'd never know that it was not factory. The hole cut is about 1 foot square. Everything fits nice. One other problem for me was the remote oil filter bracket on the port side of the engine. It was barely too tall and fixed itself over time just by rubbing its own indention in underside of the hatch.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:09 PM
Registered

What kind of carb and manifold do you have I just put the performer rpm manifold and a holley on the stock motor just to check clearance and it looks like it will clear by about 3/4 of an inch
Old 01-25-2012, 08:11 AM
Registered

The intake is a high-rise edelbrock and I think the carburetor is an older weber but it's hard to tell as there are no markings and I'm no wiz at this stuff. I bought the boat used. The flame arrestor is one of those tall ones so that may be the culprit. Engine is a Gen VI 502 BTW.

Last edited by Secret Formula; 01-25-2012 at 08:17 AM.