382 full cover

Notices
Formula

382 full cover

Old 02-18-2012, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 382 full cover

Has anyone had a full cover made for a 382, that was used on a lift? I've been given an idea on how to have it made "user friendly", but I'd like to know other thoughts.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 791 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by whistler
Has anyone had a full cover made for a 382, that was used on a lift? I've been given an idea on how to have it made "user friendly", but I'd like to know other thoughts.
We have a 292 with a 2 piece cover design. The cockpit cover simply snaps into the pre existing buttons. The bow cover lays over the nose and snaps back into the buttons along the windshield. Both covers share these buttons. In addition to buttons the bow cover has Velcro straps along the sides that tie into handrails. Works pretty well. This is the standard fastech design
Old 02-20-2012, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

I have one but it is a pain to secure. It goes just over the rub rail and it is tight. I have to use my two person selvor raft to all of the draw strings. If I don't secure every one of the draw strings the wind will get a hold of it. My lift is a four post style and I have thought about adding walk boards. The forward cradle is at about the windshield so I would still have to use the raft. I really could use a better approach so, if you don't mind, please share your ideas.

Andy
Old 02-20-2012, 11:34 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Not on a Formula but I've seen 2 piece covers (cockpit and bow) where windshield snaps are shared and the bow has snaps installed just below the rub rail. You could un-roll the bow cover then crawl across it while snapping the cover along each side. Climb over ther windshield and attach the end of the bow cover then start with the cockpit cover working towards the stern.

BTW: I had been on and seen that boat on the water a number of times before I noticed the snaps hidden under the rub rail (literally facing downward)
Old 02-23-2012, 08:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
I have one but it is a pain to secure. It goes just over the rub rail and it is tight. I have to use my two person selvor raft to all of the draw strings. If I don't secure every one of the draw strings the wind will get a hold of it. My lift is a four post style and I have thought about adding walk boards. The forward cradle is at about the windshield so I would still have to use the raft. I really could use a better approach so, if you don't mind, please share your ideas.

Andy
My canvas maker has designed a full cover down to the water line using sewn in straps attached to a ratchet for tightening. I'm putting a work platform on the back of my lift for better access.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:54 AM
Registered

I had one for a 252SS and went to the bottom of the rubrail and then had a rope to pull tight never needed and other straps un less I was towing for added protection, Full one piece made out of Top Gun material with 2 vents added. Best cover and material to use. Top Gun will allow boat to breath and will not let water to penetrate through. Being you are on a lift (Hyrohoist?) can you get to under side the swimplat form? If so that is the best way to keep cover tight and best fit. Good luck let us know what you went with.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:01 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

http://www.worldsbestboatcover.com/

Designed and owned by an OSO member.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:19 AM
Registered

I went to boat covers .com. full cover for a 382 is $400 to $525.

My cover has a pull rope sewn into it. I tie it down at the bow, and a couple bungies to my lift in the middle. I tied brass hooks to each end of the pull rope and installed 2 s/s attachments under my swim platform to clip the hooks to. When pulled tight the rubrail holds the cover on great.

The cover I bought is waterproof but I still roll it over the factory cockpit cover. Its a 20min job to install both covers and lift the boat every Sunday.

I'll see if I can find a pic.

LE
Old 02-29-2012, 04:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by t500hps
Not on a Formula but I've seen 2 piece covers (cockpit and bow) where windshield snaps are shared and the bow has snaps installed just below the rub rail. You could un-roll the bow cover then crawl across it while snapping the cover along each side. Climb over ther windshield and attach the end of the bow cover then start with the cockpit cover working towards the stern.

BTW: I had been on and seen that boat on the water a number of times before I noticed the snaps hidden under the rub rail (literally facing downward)
Did that when I had my 311.

LE
Old 02-29-2012, 04:37 AM
Registered

Here's a pict.
Attached Thumbnails 382 full cover-e78ac2ddf8c4450fac66f1339048f282%5B2%5D.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.