Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
Anyone want my Silent Thunder platform only  $400! >

Anyone want my Silent Thunder platform only $400!

Notices
Formula

Anyone want my Silent Thunder platform only $400!

Old 03-25-2012, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone want my Silent Thunder platform only $400!

HERE IT IS...in pristine shape

Actually I completed my transom project today. I was sick of the silent thunder so I ripped it off the other day. This is what I found

So with some sanding, body work, more sanding, painting, and pinstriping I now have this! It took some work and its not perfect, but I did it by the book and it turned out pretty damn good if I do say so myself. Ill be buying some angle cut tips with flaps and be done.

I was initially going to attempt to modify the platform by removing the bottom half and fixing it all up....but decided cutting it to pieces was way cooler.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice job.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

uhgg
Old 03-25-2012, 08:03 PM
Registered

looks like the upper pin in the top of the drive was done bye a hack
Old 03-25-2012, 08:07 PM
Registered

Hey I thought the title was clever lol. Your not the first person to point that out. Everything seems ok with it. Any way to make 100% sure? When this needs a rebuild I'm hoping to put a much larger motor (hp wise) in and new drive. The boat dosent need much but I've done all the work myself. Something I've never done before, like exh manifold gasket. I'm learning alot as I go which is cool.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:10 PM
Registered

damm. why you selling it soo cheap?
Old 03-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by emmettfire45
Hey I thought the title was clever lol. Your not the first person to point that out. Everything seems ok with it. Any way to make 100% sure? When this needs a rebuild I'm hoping to put a much larger motor (hp wise) in and new drive. The boat dosent need much but I've done all the work myself. Something I've never done before, like exh manifold gasket. I'm learning alot as I go which is cool.
Not sure, would need a close up pic, if the plastic plugs are sticking out I would redo it, on mine we inserted them into the hole, and then jb welded it for a 100% seal, then repaint, I don't know how much motor you are planning on, but my one buddy has a 454/365hp in his 223, runs right at 70 which is pretty much the limitations of that hull, requires some driving and know how to keep it from chine walking which could get dangerous, and the bravo 1 drive is more then capable of handling that or similar power.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:32 PM
Registered

Rough water I just want to pass along the most perfectly modified ST Platform to a fellow Oso member for a deeply discounted price

So I can get those plugs deeper in and jb weld them to be safe?

I was thinkin a 502 built. I didn't realize the limit was about 70. I was just thinking about doing that. Maybe I'll just save to rebuild my motor and upgrade it when I get to needing it. Kinda at the bottom of the list but now I'll just alter my plans to eventually getting something bigger and faster .
Old 03-25-2012, 09:25 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You do not have to JB weld them in. Just tap the hole a little deeper then they did and put the plugs back in with teflon paste. You will want to be able to easily take the plugs out again if your tiller arm loosens back up again. Basically you are looking for about 2/3's in the drive and 1/3 still sticking out. From those pictures it looks like you are reversed.