Notices
Formula

Neighbor Backed into my BIRD.. oh $h^t

Old 04-03-2012, 06:31 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neighbor Backed into my BIRD.. oh $h^t

What a great weekend. Went down to orange beach and did a poker run Mysitcs of Pleasure Thunder Run. Several birdheads, very fun event. Laid back slow paced event. Had a chance to air the boat out on mobile bay, amazed at how the 292 handles.

On the way home blew a tire---long fing story.

Stop at the alabama river in montgomery and ring her out to clean out all the salt and to flush the trailer real good.

Home at 11:30p sunday night.

I park my boat in the street infront of my house since its late.

5pm monday my neighbor calls. My DNL backed into your boat. I am on my way just as soon as I get off a sales call. DNL has left and just the dad there to give me her number. I call the cops and file report.

Now the boat sits at a mechanic awaiting repair estimate. Drives were in trailer position. Just installed drew marine sidewinders, they are both leaking oil. Doesnt look bad but pictures dont show it. Glass filled up the starboard exhaust passage in the foot, prop sounds like it rubs housing, hopefully its just glass in there, latham tie bar looks bowed, steering is very loose. Plus the gel coat damage and what ever else mechanic finds.

Now we wait..........

How do you back into a dam boat in bright day light, and I was 20 feet up the road from his driveway. She has a loaded full sized suv with back up alarm and had a large back windsheild.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by looseconnection
How do you back into a dam boat in bright day ligh...
I have an idea...

Sucks. Sorry about your luck.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:39 PM
Registered
VIP Member

How do you back into a dam boat in bright day light, and I was 20 feet up the road from his driveway. She has a loaded full sized suv with back up alarm and had a large back windsheild.
I'll ask my wife. She managed to back into my 311.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dude wtf that blows, good luck with it
Old 04-03-2012, 06:57 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,193 Likes on 518 Posts

That sucks.

The entire gimbals need to be checked out as well. I had a drive bell housing crack in half from pin to pin, and almost lost the drive in the river. Years later, I found out a neighbor "bumped" the boat when it was parked at my house.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:11 PM
Registered

This is why I just installed a drive guard on my trailer. I can't believe everybody doesn't have one. I know they are a little more work at the ramp but it would have saved you all this hassle. 10 Thousand dollars worth of parts at the least, usually way more, hanging out there just waiting to get damaged by idiots. Drive guard!!!! It's a no brainer IMHO.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:18 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Thanks guys I need it. It named first born since we chose a boat over a baby lol. I feel like my kid got beat up in school. Pisser fo sho
Old 04-03-2012, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear, whats all that oil from the steering shocks?
Like Bryan (Sydways) said the transom assemblies need to be checked. Depends on how hard she hit it, how much damage to he vehicle? Trying to figure out how both shocks blew.
Good luck, keep us posted
Old 04-03-2012, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys I need it. It named first born since we chose a boat over a baby lol. I feel like my kid got beat up in school. Pisser fo sho

Boats are actually less maintainance than a kid, much cheaper also. You can also just cover them up if you are doing something else...you can't do that with a kid.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:26 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Toyota largest suv they make at say 5mph is a lot of lateral force the drive is never intended for........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.