Cabin Floor Runner?

Notices
Formula

Cabin Floor Runner?

Old 04-19-2012, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cabin Floor Runner?

Does anyone know where I can buy one for my 353 Fastec? Mine has expanded and contracted so much (heat/cold) the fasteners on the length of one side have broken off. I was given a rough quote of $400 at the dealer. I'm not going to pay that much if I'm going to have the same problem in a year or two. I tried Home Depot and Fabric Depot with no luck.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:08 PM
Registered

I am thinking about new carpet too and found these guys:

http://www.corinthian-marine-carpet....arpet-is-right

Anyone know their product? I see they have a number of Formula templates listed.

I would like to upgrade the carpet in my 400 SS at some point and remove the section which extends towards the swim platform, as that is always wet.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:13 PM
Registered

Thanks for the reply but I'm looking to replace the clear vinyl runner that is on the cabin floor. It snaps to the floor and covers the carpet.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:22 PM
Registered

$400 quote for clear plastic floor runner is a rough quote indead. Geeze. Ask another dealer or try to buy from Formula direct if that is possible?
Old 04-20-2012, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I replaced mine in my 419 Fastec with a runner from Home Depot in Orlando Florida. It was a little wider and had to cut to width and it is not quite as thick as the factory, but it costs about $2.79/LF and it looks great (nice and new and clear). Try Home Depot or Lowes on-line.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:40 AM
Registered

38fountainecman, is your runner smooth or corrugated on the top surface? I did see the smooth style at Home Depot but thought it might be a slip hazard. Also, I had some concern about the fasteners tearing away from the thinner material. You've had no problems with that? TIA
Old 04-22-2012, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HD had two types of runners, I bought the heavier one for the concerrns you state. I have had "after market" runners in the boat for some time and they seem to hold up pretty well. I have snaps every two feet along the running surface, so I'm pretty sure the snaps won't tear away. I have had had an issue with slipping with wet feet either. I would think $40.00 vs. $400.00, you could replace the HD type a few times. I would also try a carpet store and see if they have a heavy duty commercial grade runner for sale. I would imagine if they don't know it is for a boat, the price will be reasonable. LOL
Old 04-22-2012, 02:36 PM
Registered

All good ideas, I'll try the carpet store also.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sleek1
All good ideas, I'll try the carpet store also.
I took mine out. I hated it. It reminded me of folks that have plastic covers on their couches.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:05 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have one either, but I purchased a couple bath mats from Wally World in gray. Pretty close match and comfy under foot. Looks great and take out to clean Plus, they're rubber backed, so no moisture on the cbin floor when swimmers get down there. Love'em.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.