Formula 40ss

Notices
Formula

Formula 40ss

Old 05-31-2012, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by double_trouble
The refrigerator is noisy, not the AC unit. Newer models have updated models of refrigerators and probably do not have this issue. Or it could be an issue with my fridge.

I believe the electrical issues were new boat kinks that were not obvious and were not aggressively investigated at first. It sure seems to take a lot of owner push to get these things resolved properly. Turned out that the bow thruster wire nuts were very loose, a navigation light was not plugged in, and the generator had a faulty control board plus a bad relay. Lately, all things have been totally fine. I have seen other boats of same vintage with quite few more electrical issues than this maybe electrical belongs in pros instead of cons.

I do not think a hydraulic swim platform is available, you might be thinking of the Formula 40PC or 45 Yacht. The 45 Yacht is worth checking out if you're really into cruising and have a few dollars to spare!
I think your right about the swim platform. I went back an looked for the video. Don't wan't a Yacht. What year is Yours. I really would love to see pics. Thanks for all the input. Artie
Old 05-31-2012, 03:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by akaboatman
I think your right about the swim platform.
Here is Ken Bowen's 400SS with a dingy on the back. He also uses the 400 for towing a skier in the Catalina Ski race.....hence the name "Walk the Line". Nice 525 boat.....black paint and canvas and keeps it in the water, but has a trailer too.
Attached Thumbnails Formula 40ss-dsc_0883.jpg   Formula 40ss-dsc_0884.jpg   Formula 40ss-dsc_0890.jpg  

Old 05-31-2012, 03:16 PM
Registered

It is 2006. Can't see how to post pics, I'll look into that this evening. She has full imron blue. No hardtop, which saves 1000 lbs in weight and the canvas top is rigged solid.

I think the full imron blue and black 400SS boats are awesome.

If you are shopping, check out Shipyard Marine in Green Bay. They have several for sale. Talk to Tim, 920-434-2000. LOL...Tell him he can get kill two birds with one stone by selling you mine and finding me a performance cruiser with hydralic platform (40 pc for example) so I can take the kids waterskiing and fishing when we're out on the islands...
Old 07-22-2012, 01:05 PM
Registered

about the a/c not quit cold enough. i live in south florida ( hot and humid) it took a little too long for the cabin to cool off when we launched the boat. one day i was working on with the ac working and notice my anchor locker was ice cold. upon investigation i found a large gap were the a'c tunnel end against the anchor locker. took out the speaker filled it with foam and the a/c works much better.
Old 01-24-2017, 04:26 PM
Registered

Really like the 40SS. Looking at a 02 with 500's with 250 hours. Doesn't seem like a lot of use. Will use on the river but not keep on a lift. Bad idea? with normal use and maintenance, will the 500's last until 600 hours?
Old 01-26-2017, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

Our 400SS 350 Volvo diesel boat is now in Marathon, Fl. We were looking to go larger 55'+, but every time we run the 400 we think....why? Its a boat that the bigger you go the slower and way more $$ you spend. The 400 fits so many uses and is relatively cheap to operate