Considering getting into a Formula.... >

Considering getting into a Formula....

Notices
Formula

Considering getting into a Formula....

Old 06-25-2012, 02:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Considering getting into a Formula....

Well, looks like it is time for me to start shopping for a more "family friendly" boat, seeing as how the old lady is due in December with our first child. She loves boating, and loves the Kryptonite, but it is certainly not a family boat. Way too loud, too fast, and not enough creature comforts (all according to her) to bring a child on. I said just slap a pair of earmuffs on the little one, strap em down and lets go, but she aint going for that.

I am thinking either a 353 or 382 with stockish power. Still have permission to go fast, she just wants to be comfortable doing it. Budget all depends on whether i sell my boat first or not. If I offload it and then shop, I already know which one is at the top of my list, C-Sprays silver 382, because that thing is hooked up. If i buy before i sell, my price range drops a good bit. Say under $100k if I sell first, and $60-65k if I buy first. Of course I would like to get into a nice package for under that (I am having a baby you know), but dont want a project.

There is a nice looking 353 in the classifieds with 540 bulldogs in it for a very reasonable price, however i worry about runnign those with 350+ hours on them. I dont want to get it then have two refreshes coming my way. What kind of hours can one get out of a 540 bulldog anyway? I know that they are super reliable, basically bulletproof engines.

Anyway, feel free to throw suggestions my way. Figure i will start looking now and maybe the right one will come along.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Philm
I already know which one is at the top of my list, C-Sprays silver 382,

That boat is in high demand

Old 06-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about a turn key 311?
Old 06-25-2012, 09:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Philm
Well, looks like it is time for me to start shopping for a more "family friendly" boat, seeing as how the old lady is due in December with our first child. She loves boating, and loves the Kryptonite, but it is certainly not a family boat. Way too loud, too fast, and not enough creature comforts (all according to her) to bring a child on. I said just slap a pair of earmuffs on the little one, strap em down and lets go, but she aint going for that.

I am thinking either a 353 or 382 with stockish power. Still have permission to go fast, she just wants to be comfortable doing it. Budget all depends on whether i sell my boat first or not. If I offload it and then shop, I already know which one is at the top of my list, C-Sprays silver 382, because that thing is hooked up. If i buy before i sell, my price range drops a good bit. Say under $100k if I sell first, and $60-65k if I buy first. Of course I would like to get into a nice package for under that (I am having a baby you know), but dont want a project.

There is a nice looking 353 in the classifieds with 540 bulldogs in it for a very reasonable price, however i worry about runnign those with 350+ hours on them. I dont want to get it then have two refreshes coming my way. What kind of hours can one get out of a 540 bulldog anyway? I know that they are super reliable, basically bulletproof engines.

Anyway, feel free to throw suggestions my way. Figure i will start looking now and maybe the right one will come along.

How about a 2005 353 with a pair of Merc 525's? Awesome looking boat reasonably priced.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:01 PM
Registered

just listed my '99 382 with 250 hours has lots of canvas, bow cover, cockpit cover, bimini, and full camper enclosure, all the hardware and supports fits in the engine compartment. nice clean boat has had all maintenance done last winter, didn't plan on selling it, but fell into a deal on a cigarette. Need to sell it, so price is very reasonable.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bad Bird
How about a 2005 353 with a pair of Merc 525's? Awesome looking boat reasonably priced.
That would be great, but I am sure it is out of my price range. What kind of $$$?
Old 06-26-2012, 01:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by aquaforce

That boat is in high demand

I know it. I have crawled over that thing a few times and can honestly say that it is one of the cleanest, most well set up go fast that I have ever seen.

Chuck isnt a bad guy either....