Break Out Another Thousand

Notices
Formula

Break Out Another Thousand

Old 08-27-2012, 01:50 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by inlinepwr
The bottom paint was removed with aqua strip ,cleaned,wet sanded, compounded than waxed it was a ton of work but will worth it . The lift definitely made it much easier I'm not sure how many hrs under it we did two weekends from around 10am to 7 or 8 pm plus a few hrs on the trailer.

Sprinks thanks for the info I'm hoping to pickup a prop for this weekend and give it another try but today I started it up to flush the motor and the oil psi gauge read 0 so I gotta straiten that out I'm hoping its just the sender
I live on aguidneck island about ten min. North of Newport Rhode Island.
I would suspect that you have a loose or disconnected wire on the oil pressure sending unit. Check it out...it's behind the distributor connected to a fitting threaded into the engine block.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:49 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Where on the island are you? Portsmouth? I'm in fall river right up the river. If you need anything I always have plenty of parts and tools.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey neighbor. yeah I live in Portsmouth. Thanks for the invite for tools and such. The wire to the sending unit is clean and tight so that should be fine if I remove the wire and ground it to the block will that tell me if its the gauge??
Old 08-27-2012, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Ground it, gauge should peg, if not do the same at the gauge to rule out a broken wire.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:48 PM
Registered

The oil pressure issue is fixed it was a bad sender. So tomorrow im going looking for a new prop I know I need a 19pitch but what about the diameter does that matter??
Old 09-16-2012, 09:57 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Excellent Job..I have a project Formula of my own that has some very bad oxidization on the top deck as well as the sides..red boat with clouds isnt what I wanted..what did you use to compound yours out or did you make multiple passes? I buffed mine out with a compound I got from an auto painters supply designed for gel coat that did a nice job.. waxed it..and did a quick job on the top deck..had to ship out for work for a month and when I came home it looked like I hadnt touched her..
Old 09-16-2012, 08:10 PM
Registered

Welcome to OSO and congrats on the Formula.
Great work and thanks for the post and pics.
I think all your work will be very enjoyable for your boating pleasure.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:32 PM
Registered

So I picked up a new prop a 4 blade 19 pitch and gave it another try with the same results no power and wouldn't go above 3000 rpm . Last night a friend and I pulled the motor out again to find out what's going on we pulled the oil pan and found metal shavings in the oil pump screen so we started removing the mains and found 3 spun bearings.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by inlinepwr
So I picked up a new prop a 4 blade 19 pitch and gave it another try with the same results no power and wouldn't go above 3000 rpm . Last night a friend and I pulled the motor out again to find out what's going on we pulled the oil pan and found metal shavings in the oil pump screen so we started removing the mains and found 3 spun bearings.
If you can get to SE Florida or have a shipping source I have a solid low hour 260 long block for you....Edelbrock intake to oil pan. Swap over your externals and you are good to go.

I was saving it for a future project but you might need it more than I do...I'm not greedy...reasonably priced for a fellow Formula "Bro".

Let me know.

[email protected].

Last edited by sprink58; 09-21-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Registered

It's been awhile since I've posted anything so here's a little update
I 've been working on the vinyl for a while and this is what I have so far.
This is one of the cushions for the captains chairs.[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
Finished chair [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
And the rear seats and sun pad.[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.