Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 88242LS
nah were good

Nice Boat Sam...
Old 08-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Registered

This again is another newby question on boats in general.. Can someone tell me when Formula started to use composite material for the stringers and what year was good for sealant. Meaning, there commnets made about older formulas would require update stringers and bulk head sealant. Thanks again..
Old 08-02-2012, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

In my experience the 92 + integrated swin platform boats are sealed up better than the older body style sr1's. I don't think composite was used until the fastechs.

The most important thing (no matter what brand or year) if you are worried about rot is to find a bout that has been kept out of the elements and not stored in the water all season. I've seen 2 and 3 year old boats that are soggy, and 30 year old boats that are almost bone dry. A good surveyor is worth the every penny!

Another thing worth noting, I have seen a lot of boats that were kept outside where the windshield seals and hatch seals deteriorate from the sun. These are common water entry points and can lead to the infamous bulkhead issues in older formulas.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
In my experience the 92 + integrated swin platform boats are sealed up better than the older body style sr1's. I don't think composite was used until the fastechs.

The most important thing (no matter what brand or year) if you are worried about rot is to find a bout that has been kept out of the elements and not stored in the water all season. I've seen 2 and 3 year old boats that are soggy, and 30 year old boats that are almost bone dry. A good surveyor is worth the every penny!

Another thing worth noting, I have seen a lot of boats that were kept outside where the windshield seals and hatch seals deteriorate from the sun. These are common water entry points and can lead to the infamous bulkhead issues in older formulas.

Whats the infamous bulkhead issues? Aslo did you get your boat serveyed before you bought it? On another note: I really like your boat, but my timing is a little off right now. I had somethings change in the last week with my job, so I may have to wait til spring, but yours is exactly what I want. I still may call to chat about it, if you don't mind... Thanks..

Last edited by sledfreak; 08-02-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you were looking at the 271 SR1 at performace boat center, it sold I bought it.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Donzi Dude
If you were looking at the 271 SR1 at performace boat center, it sold I bought it.
congrats!! great boat we loved ours
Old 08-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sledfreak
Whats the infamous bulkhead issues? Aslo did you get your boat serveyed before you bought it? On another note: I really like your boat, but my timing is a little off right now. I had somethings change in the last week with my job, so I may have to wait til spring, but yours is exactly what I want. I still may call to chat about it, if you don't mind... Thanks..
Water on some of the older formulas can collect under the step and lead to the bulkhead in front of the fuel tank saturating with water.

Feel free to call anytime. Happy to tell you all about my boat, and some others I looked at. No pressure at all