Any info on this 292 fastech >

Any info on this 292 fastech

Notices
Formula

Any info on this 292 fastech

Old 08-16-2012, 07:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with eveyone's comments above....... Sounds a bit "fishy" to me at that price. As you said the scum line isn't a problem...... if there aren't massive barnicles and crap on the bottom/drives.

Personally, I don't like to go with the "cheapest" of anything......I'd rather go with something in the "middle" if you can swing it financially. Seems to pay off in the long run.......

As Tim said (Expensive Date) those small blocks will run for ever.......so the 300+ hours isn't a big deal. IMO.

DON"T buy it without a survey!!!!!!!! I'm sure you know that already!!!!!
Old 08-16-2012, 09:21 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Is it one of the better priced ones out there...yeah aside from that yellow 2007 that appears to be back for sale but with a higher price. I am leary of saltwater boats, especially if they have been left in the water but if the price is good and it wasn't left in the water season after season and those pics are just from like a vacation trip or something might not be bad. I am seeing a few picky things for me that steer me away (bubbling it appears on the dash paint by hour gauge) and I GOTTA think that exahust should be looked at if it wasn't flushed. But like others have said get it surveyd. Also I didn't see anything about a trailer (read the ad quick) but you are talking another 3-5k minimun if you don't have one already.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:58 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Got a hold of the broker, no trailer, has sat in the water the last two years, has white bottom paint. Transom had to be rendone with new transom assemblies. Says buyer is firm since he just had to pay for all they repairs. I don't mind salt water boats if they are properly cared for since I boat in salt water, but leaving i in the water... Well this one isn't for me. Thanks for input, the search continues.

Last edited by T-RAV; 08-16-2012 at 12:01 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

What about a 311?
Old 08-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by T-RAV
Got a hold of the broker, no trailer, has sat in the water the last two years, has white bottom paint. Transom had to be rendone with new transom assemblies. Says buyer is firm since he just had to pay for all they repairs. I don't mind salt water boats if they are properly cared for since I boat in salt water, but leaving i in the water... Well this one isn't for me. Thanks for input, the search continues.
I would pass too. I know know this isn't a Formula but still seems like a LOT of boat for the money and holds to the similar size and amenities of the 292 but offers serious performance for 30ft
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o41881-en.html
Old 08-16-2012, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

theres a 292 for sale on powerboatlisting.com in ny thats not too far off
Old 08-16-2012, 02:48 PM
Registered

2 nice ones in Ohio listed there at $48k each too...if someone wants to pony up for Scorpions in a 292 (77mph gps) I'll consider selling mine. I have a lead on a larger boat. PM me...

Last edited by pondrunner; 08-16-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I'm trying to stay below 40k that's why that one caught my attention. Haven't really considered 311, might be something to look at.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm trying to stay below 40k that's why that one caught my attention. Haven't really considered 311, might be something to look at.
also looka t 97-99 312 fastech's, they can be had in that range
Old 08-16-2012, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats sick bottom painting a stepped hull,he had to replace the Transom or just the assemblies? Don't know why he would need assemblies with those hours unless the bellows was leaking and took everything out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.