382 Fastech Hull / deck joint repair

Notices
Formula

382 Fastech Hull / deck joint repair

Old 11-09-2012, 11:21 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CS, I should have it ready within a week as long as we don't get jammed up at work.
I spoke to Scott at Formula also about the Plexus & mixing gun loaner, so that would probably work out great instead of shipping the gun back & forth to Fomula.
I'll give you a call over the weekend,
Don
Old 11-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

KW- the screws tap into a 2"x2" 1/8" aluminum backing plate. You can see these plates when you get the cabin speaker valances down. Also have Formula check the date codes on the Plex before they ship. It will save you a return and reship.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fossil fuel
KW- the screws tap into a 2"x2" 1/8" aluminum backing plate. You can see these plates when you get the cabin speaker valances down. Also have Formula check the date codes on the Plex before they ship. It will save you a return and reship.
Why...........are they using out of date material?
Old 11-10-2012, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

They use the product in bulk drums for production. The hand gun tubes sit on the shelf for repairs and go out of date.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fossil fuel
They use the product in bulk drums for production. The hand gun tubes sit on the shelf for repairs and go out of date.
Got it....thanks!
Old 05-24-2013, 08:10 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Just an update to those that were following this:
Finished up the repair back in February, was quite a bit more of a job than I anticipated. The joint was loose for pretty much the entire boat except the front & rear maybe 2 or 3 feet, but this popped loose while I was spreading the joint to grind out the old material. Once loose & all the screws were out, the rear of the deck ( around the engine bay ) dropped approx. 1/2" which required hoisting the rear of the deck up by the cleats with a forklift to line everything up for re-assembly. But everything is good & tight now! Hope to be back on the water in a week or so.

Also replaced the headliner over the winter & rebuilt/ updated motors last fall. Trying to get all the major stuff out of the way.