Notices
Formula

353 Sport

Old 11-17-2012, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 353 Sport

What is the difference between the sport and the standard model 353? I know the sport does not have hydraulic steering. How much does it cost to add hydraulic steering?
Old 11-17-2012, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are just a few minor differences, all of which can be added. Its been a while since I built my 353, but I think the only differences were that the Sport does not come with Electric Foot Rests, SS Windshield Frame, Hyd Strg. They also use a generic cleat (vs the Std 353 Has Formula Engraved in the SS Cleat), I might be missing something, but they were all very minor differences.

I'm not sure what HP you are looking at, but 496 HO's perform fine w/out Hyd Strg. Some people obviously perfer it, but the 353 is safe and still performs well at 70mph + w/out it. Just my $0.02
Old 11-18-2012, 06:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always wondered that same question myself, what's the complete list of differences between the two. I think 496's are the only engine package that they offer for the sport, but in today's world where all fastechs are pretty much built to order, I'm sure you could talk them into putting 500's or 525's with hydr strg.

Guess I know what my Sunday morning project is, built a 353 on Formula's website. Only 1 post away from 500! WOOO HOOO
Old 11-18-2012, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I built both a 353 sport and 353 fastech.

Appears the only differences I could see was that the sport only offers the merc 8.2's engine package which replaces the 496's. Shore power w/ charger, electric footrests, freshwater flush, transome shower, cockpit carpet, etc are all options which can be added on to the sports but some which are standard on the 353's. The polished windshield frame is not available on the sport but it's only an option on the regular 353.

So truly the only main difference are the available motor packages. Everything else can pretty much be added on via options.