winter blues

Notices
Formula

winter blues

Old 12-21-2012, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default winter blues

So I purchased a new boat and I'm dying to use it! Its 20 degrees in chicago today and have about 4 month wait till I can put the damn thing in the water.

Been looking around at different spots I can travel to with the boat earlier than I can use here. Give me some ideas!!! The shorter the drive the better. But it still has to be fun, parties, sandbars etc..
Old 12-21-2012, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The Tennessee river is probably the closest location for an early ride. There is a fun run already scheduled for May but riding the river is almost year round.

Atlanta GA, Lake Lanier is a couple of hours south of the Tenn river. Kentucky and the Carolina's have great boating places that are earlier and later than your location too.

You can watch a lot of boat videos but that might make the blues worse. LOL
Old 12-21-2012, 05:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by aquaforce
The Tennessee river is probably the closest location for an early ride. There is a fun run already scheduled for May but riding the river is almost year round.

Atlanta GA, Lake Lanier is a couple of hours south of the Tenn river. Kentucky and the Carolina's have great boating places that are earlier and later than your location too.

You can watch a lot of boat videos but that might make the blues worse. LOL

Funny you mention that... I think ive seen every boat video on youtube.

How early can I boat in KY and SC? And im not interested in wearing a jacket for a blast.. i want to have a good time.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:10 PM
Registered

Gonna be tough to find much going on now anywhere. But if you want fun in the sun you are going to have to go to FL. (or farther) I personally love the Sarasota and Bradenton area...lots of sandbars to hang out on and good seafood by boat. Just got back from a long weekend down there...overnighted on the boat. Great time...especially nice to get away from the winter weather here in the mountains. If you go...make sure you atleast have a handheld gps with charts.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FANTAZ28
Funny you mention that... I think ive seen every boat video on youtube.

How early can I boat in KY and SC? And im not interested in wearing a jacket for a blast.. i want to have a good time.

I don't know the seasonal areas of KY and SC as well as Georgia just that they are not far from ours. Here I have been on the water during every month of the year due to our weather fluctuations and the ground and water does not freeze here. Just on the other side of the Appellation mtn range the weather is colder but the fluctuations allow for much earlier times than your neck of the woods. Someone from those areas can qualify times better than me.

In February and March we can have some beautiful boating days here but it just makes the spring fever a greater anticipation. My boat stays heated and I don't winterize just so I can run out on nice days and that is if the lake levels aren't too low.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:56 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Florida. Until this little cold front we had 80 degree days. Last feb I was out in the boat swimming and having fun.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:39 AM
Registered

Yea I figured FL but was trying to see if there was anything little closer...
Old 12-22-2012, 11:11 AM
Registered

Starting in middle Feb we see lows of 60 so the days are no jacket required for boating but we aren't swimming at that time. By mid April we can get in the water but the water temps are still a little cool like mid 70's. My wife doesn't like to get in the water till the temp shows 81 on the depth finder.

Oh, what boat did you buy. Congrats and we like to see pics here. :0)
Old 12-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Registered

I bought a 98 353 to replace my 99 Baja 232. Pretty pumped!
Old 12-22-2012, 12:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FANTAZ28
I bought a 98 353 to replace my 99 Baja 232. Pretty pumped!

Oh yes I would be pumped too. The 353 is one great boat.
What power and graphics does it have?
Welcome to the Formula family.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.