Beware of the 2000 312 Formula Sudden Change

Notices
Formula

Beware of the 2000 312 Formula Sudden Change

Old 01-19-2013, 03:07 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pier57.com
Boat came out awesome, here's more than 87 pics taken today.

http://www.pier57.com/web/used/Formu...inois/5596820/

Regards,

Pier 57

www.pier57.com

Yeah.............boy that sure looks trashed! LOL That's a fair asking price with 165-ish hours on the engines. Being somewhat of an expert on Formula redo (LOL), and having a 312 myself for a number of years.....it seems like it only needs a new sun pad skin, transom shower cap assembly, and some paint redo on the trailer. Stereo system as nice components for that year age.....Alpine V12 stuff is nice.

I saw the post last night that is now deleted.....not sure if that was in regards to this boat or that other boat mentioned. Good luck........looks like a nice 312!
Old 01-19-2013, 04:05 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Very Nice Boat

Thank you. It's a very nice boat, low hours. There is no question boat sat for along time and it was dirty, very dirty. It took about 70 hours to clean up, buff and change all fluids and filters but it came out great. Thank you to our head detailer who said it was his toughest challenge in 10 years here. Will make a great boat for someone. It needs some minor swim hatch repair, paint or leave trailer, transom shower cap on order and new cockpit cover on order.

Regards,

Pier 57

www.pier57.com

Originally Posted by Level III Chaos
Yeah.............boy that sure looks trashed! LOL That's a fair asking price with 165-ish hours on the engines. Being somewhat of an expert on Formula redo (LOL), and having a 312 myself for a number of years.....it seems like it only needs a new sun pad skin, transom shower cap assembly, and some paint redo on the trailer. Stereo system as nice components for that year age.....Alpine V12 stuff is nice.

I saw the post last night that is now deleted.....not sure if that was in regards to this boat or that other boat mentioned. Good luck........looks like a nice 312!
Old 01-22-2013, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice Job
Old 01-22-2013, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The work shows nice and in part as I said before Formula builds well with top tier materials which endure the elements, last longer and make a come back possible.

I would still do a survey on any boat I buy to have paper and a scientific basis for a decision.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Personally I think the price is a tad high, but thats just me, IMO redo the sundeck to help,, again just my opinion, I almost bought the last 312 from you guys, can't say anything bad about the staff there at all, they even helped me out on another Formula they sold in the past with some records they dug up for me, did not have to do that,

Again Thanks!!
Old 01-23-2013, 05:39 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

[QUOTE=mrfixxall;3848736]Do you know what it would take for someone to pop out a freeze plug?? that rite their is a stupid statment.and trying to pry one out is not happening too easy..you think we are all stupid fools????

QUOTE]

Actually anyone who does engines knows its not that hard, a 1/4 extention and a small hammer, pop it sideways pull plug.... takes 3 seconds... at least thats how I do mine when doing engines....
Old 01-23-2013, 09:27 PM
Registered

Default fixx

[QUOTE=Full Force;3853717]
Originally Posted by mrfixxall
Do you know what it would take for someone to pop out a freeze plug?? that rite their is a stupid statment.and trying to pry one out is not happening too easy..you think we are all stupid fools????

QUOTE]

Actually anyone who does engines knows its not that hard, a 1/4 extention and a small hammer, pop it sideways pull plug.... takes 3 seconds... at least thats how I do mine when doing engines....
much easier to pop out when its frozen.. i could tell you first hand that it froze but im not going to go their...

NEXT!!.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:11 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

[QUOTE=mrfixxall;3854251]
Originally Posted by Full Force

much easier to pop out when its frozen.. i could tell you first hand that it froze but im not going to go their...

NEXT!!.
right, I dont know either way what happened,just stating its easy to pop a freeze plug...then again, if it froze, popped a plug, was fixed and ran since then there is no issue either, thats what why they call them freeze plugs... 50,000 is still too much though when there are so many deals out there...
Old 01-24-2013, 06:18 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We call them welsh plugs and if a freeze took them out I would be looking for other damage.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anyone wants the hull ID # send a PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.