Formula

suggestions/best place to mount a sub in a 312

Old 04-25-2013, 02:34 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default suggestions/best place to mount a sub in a 312

Figured I would throw this one out there for everyone to chime in on:
312 Fastech (aka...very little real-estate to work with in regards to additional speakers)
Wanting to mount one or two 10 inch subs in the boat. was planning on putting them in the obvious spot where everyone mounts their subs...under the rear bench seat. Problem is my mechanic is saying that the 312 has a smaller distance from the floor of the boat to the actual bench seat (supposedly the 353 and 382's have a longer distance between the floor and rear bench seat). He has taken some measurements and feels pretty uncomfortable mounting them under the rear seat saying there is little to no clearance with the sub mounted between the bench seat and floor. He is also worried that this may also cause some structural instability in the support for the bench seat. (he actually owns a 382 and has upgraded his stereo with subs/amps so I believe what he is saying)
Has anyone run into this problem before? I know one guy on here mounted 10's under the bench seat in his 312 but had to get into/pull apart the floor of the boat to make it work (really don't wanna do this).
Does anyone have any better suggestions for location of mounting 10 inch subs in a 312 (pics would be greatly appreciated)?
I have made a mounting piece of plywood for 4 JL 7.7's on either side of the boat that eats up a little bit of the storage area...would it be a better idea to just relocate these to the area below the rear bench seat?
Thanks in advance for all the suggestions
Attached Thumbnails suggestions/best place to mount a sub in a 312-img_0981.jpg   suggestions/best place to mount a sub in a 312-img_0983.jpg  
Old 04-26-2013, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I double checked with my buddy On his 312. He put his in the step to the left of the passenger right by their leg.. Does not effect anything and was easy and thumps.

Originally Posted by paaka937
Figured I would throw this one out there for everyone to chime in on:
312 Fastech (aka...very little real-estate to work with in regards to additional speakers)
Wanting to mount one or two 10 inch subs in the boat. was planning on putting them in the obvious spot where everyone mounts their subs...under the rear bench seat. Problem is my mechanic is saying that the 312 has a smaller distance from the floor of the boat to the actual bench seat (supposedly the 353 and 382's have a longer distance between the floor and rear bench seat). He has taken some measurements and feels pretty uncomfortable mounting them under the rear seat saying there is little to no clearance with the sub mounted between the bench seat and floor. He is also worried that this may also cause some structural instability in the support for the bench seat. (he actually owns a 382 and has upgraded his stereo with subs/amps so I believe what he is saying)
Has anyone run into this problem before? I know one guy on here mounted 10's under the bench seat in his 312 but had to get into/pull apart the floor of the boat to make it work (really don't wanna do this).
Does anyone have any better suggestions for location of mounting 10 inch subs in a 312 (pics would be greatly appreciated)?
I have made a mounting piece of plywood for 4 JL 7.7's on either side of the boat that eats up a little bit of the storage area...would it be a better idea to just relocate these to the area below the rear bench seat?
Thanks in advance for all the suggestions
Old 04-27-2013, 01:20 AM
Registered

I have a 99 312 and I have one 10" on the port side as well, I am going to add a second on starboard side. I will have 4 6x9s, 2-7.7s 2-tweeters and 2 10" subs.. Hey, bump happens.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:53 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Under rear bench seat, no problems for 3 years with 4 people sitting on it during Poker runs. Installed 2 JL Audio 10" Subs, professionally done. Even put two speakers under windshield right above door to cabin, added amazing sound while running and behind the boat. Good luck!