Notices
Formula

Formula rocker switches

Old 05-13-2013, 11:21 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Formula rocker switches

I'm looking for the acrylic white (plastic) switch cover for the rocker switches on my 353, mine turned yellow and I spray painted them and only look OK, I would rather have nice new ones if possible.

I called and talked to Scott at Formula and they don't sell just the plastic part, they only sell the compete switch which is like $45 each and I need 6 of them, that's crazy, so I called Bennett who makes the switches and they don't sell them seperate either, but they're only $18 each, better, 6 x 18 = $105, but still over $100 bucks, I only need the silly plastic, all my switches are fine, any ideas.

Here's picture of what I'm talking about.

Thanks, Jim (akajoey)
Old 05-13-2013, 12:09 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 314joey
I'm looking for the acrylic white (plastic) switch cover for the rocker switches on my 353, mine turned yellow and I spray painted them and only look OK, I would rather have nice new ones if possible.

I called and talked to Scott at Formula and they don't sell just the plastic part, they only sell the compete switch which is like $45 each and I need 6 of them, that's crazy, so I called Bennett who makes the switches and they don't sell them seperate either, but they're only $18 each, better, 6 x 18 = $105, but still over $100 bucks, I only need the silly plastic, all my switches are fine, any ideas.

Here's picture of what I'm talking about.

Thanks, Jim (akajoey)
All I can say is good luck tracking em down. I spent probably 10-12 hours on the phone over the past 2-3 months just trying to track down the plastic covers as well (still had functioning switches and only wanted the plastic coverings in silver/chrome). I called everyone everywhere and the best price I could find was with Bennett but unfortunately they didn't make a chrome/silver so I actually had to buy the entire switch directly from formula (still kicking myself for this).
In all honesty, your best bet (assuming you don't want to buy from Bennett) is to post all over OSO that you are looking for 6 White plastic replacement switch covers and keep your fingers crossed that someone has some spare one's laying around. Everyone I have talked to has mentioned that the white covers all faded over time so you may run into the same problem buying "used" ones from other OSO members.
I know $100 is crazy for just 6 plastic covers and believe me it could be worse (like $45.00 a piece to replace 6 functioning switches just for the look of it) but I think you will find that this is your only option. Sorry to be the barer of bad news but I just went through the same process and thought you should know what you are getting into.
Attached Thumbnails Formula rocker switches-img_1035.jpg  
Old 05-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I had a feeling that when I started digging into this that I would be getting a hard stick up my "you know what", I guess I just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas or some other way to skin this cat other than buying six whole complete set of switches, I guess at least I would have a few extra if any ever went out lol

Thanks for the info.

If anyone else has any other thoughts I would appreciate it, thanks, Jim
Old 05-13-2013, 06:31 PM
Registered

Would mr. clean magic eraser work?
Old 05-13-2013, 08:10 PM
Registered

I'm surprised because Bennett sent me out a set last year in spring time. I guess economy caught up with them as well....
Old 05-13-2013, 09:20 PM
Registered

Hey Jim , Anthony is having the intake parts on his truck hydro diped when they are done they will look like blue carbon fiber when we were at the shop they had a white carbon fiber pattern also , might look good on those switches, thinking about having the gas cap done in white carbon fiber on the 271
Old 05-14-2013, 10:10 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Fischan
Would mr. clean magic eraser work?
Nope, won't work, this isn't dirt or grime, the plastic has turned yellow from the sun and the guy from Bennet says there's no way to clean them to get them white again, only replace them with new ones.

Originally Posted by ur2slow
I'm surprised because Bennett sent me out a set last year in spring time. I guess economy caught up with them as well....
Mike at Bennet told me that they didn't have any color, that it didn't matter if I wanted black, white or chrome I'd have to buy the whole switch, that sucks.

Originally Posted by Donzi Dude
Hey Jim , Anthony is having the intake parts on his truck hydro diped when they are done they will look like blue carbon fiber when we were at the shop they had a white carbon fiber pattern also , might look good on those switches, thinking about having the gas cap done in white carbon fiber on the 271
That might be an idea Grant, I'll PM you soon to see who and how you guys are doing this, maybe something like this might work..............thanks.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:21 PM
Registered

I'm thinking of trying something like this for a custom look.
They can be done in different carbon fiber looks or brushed aluminum looks.
Custom Hydro Graphics - If It Can Be Dipped, We Can Do It!
Old 05-23-2013, 03:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

That look would be great, I wonder what the cost is for getting something done, like these switches, if you have any idea of the cost I would appreciate it, thanks.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:24 AM
Registered

Anyone have the part # for the complete switch. I called Bennett today and spoke with a guy named Oliver he would'nt give me any info and referred me to Formula. I need six switches and I would much rather pay the 18 bucks than the 45 that Formula wants.

Last edited by 03 SONIC; 07-29-2013 at 09:34 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.