Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
353 Owner Poll: Are you spinning props IN or OUT? >

353 Owner Poll: Are you spinning props IN or OUT?

Notices
Formula

353 Owner Poll: Are you spinning props IN or OUT?

Old 07-20-2013, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Apexwarrior
It was definitely worth it to me. It should only take a few minutes to swap them. I did it with the boat in the water.

10 minutes to switch the props and probably 20 minutes to switch the cables on the helm. You do not have to do this unless you want to leave them. Just be aware that forward is reverse and reverse is forward.

The props have less leverage turning in than out and that makes it more sluggish to respond when trying to spin the boat. It's almost like it had a single and not a twin. It just takes a little getting used to. Not a big deal.

Again, I have not run hard yet, but what I experienced made it well worth it to me. Try it..
I was thinking about changing my Mercruiser X-drives to turn in instead of out and was reading your post. The dealer said I could swap props and cables at the helm. Is this safe as far as putting any stress on the lowers? Also, does turning in make getting up on plane a little easier? We are running a 32' Sunsation and doing a little experimenting with it. Thanks for any advice. Wil