Thank you McLoed!!

Notices
Formula

Thank you McLoed!!

Old 07-08-2013, 08:46 AM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Way to go Bird! Now post us a couple of shots! If you can't do it, ask Ragged to!

Dave
Old 07-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dtile
well, dosnt matter now... got a call from where i towed it july 4th, my mechanic in Congers, seems the boat went up again last night around 9. I went there at 11 and its fully destroyed and melted half way into boat -they even cut the front open...all gone cept drives and trailer. dam thing was mint a week ago...i was laid up in hospital for two months and unable to boat (fighting lung cancer) and was looking forward to getting out this week since i feel better. They dont know what casuesed EAACH fire, the police took boat to thier yard. Only covereved for 15k via geico/seawothry. Had policy two days prior ..never had insurance on a boat, the marina required it.
bad year, cancer, sandy destroyed shore house and now no boat. ssucks. luxry problems...thank God i didnt put on side of other house, would have been gone with kids next to it...

http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/...ps45196e81.jpg
That is a bad year! Yikes. But like you said, no one got hurt at least.

Good luck, Brian
Old 07-08-2013, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ThirdBird
Just got my engine hatch cushion section back from McLoed. Absolutely spectacular job done. This cushion section is the forward-most cushion on the engine hatch that essentially forms the backrest/headreast for the rear seat. It is specially fabricated and formed. I had that cushion (and others) redone by local shops twice!!! Both times the job was botched so badly I couldn't stand it. A few weeks back, Chris Campbell piped in here on OSO from McLoed. We chatted, he told me McLoed was under new management and wanted to start supporting customers with older boats in need of interior work. As most of you Formula guys know, the older Formulas like mine, (1980's vintage) had interiors made entirely by McLoed. They dug up the pattern for my cushion. I shipped it out there and when I got it back I was competely happy. It looks like the original OEM job because it IS the original OEM job. Price was reasonable and turn-around time also reasonable. If you've got an older Formula in need of interior work, Talk to Chris Campbell. He was responsive and eager to get the business. Thank you to Chris and Justin from McLoed for job well done!!!
Thank you for the kind words. It was a pleasure to work with you and I'm happy to hear you are pleased with your purchase. We here at McLeod strive for excellent customer service and we stand behind our product. If there is anything else I can do for you please don't hesitate to give me a call. Please post some pics when you get a chance I'd love to see how it turned out on the boat!
Old 07-10-2013, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cuposterchild
Third, Glad to hear! I am thinking of embarking on a project that I would need McLeod's help with. I am glad to hear they are getting back into the swing of things
PM sent
Old 07-12-2013, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, just realized where McLeod is! I grew up a mile and a half away from them at Chicago and mound/Ryan. Small world, we used to play in Red Run and Halmich park. This is very cool not only as a business proposition, but also as a service to the owners of these old school boats!

Brian