New Formula Owner with questions

Notices
Formula

New Formula Owner with questions

Old 09-07-2013, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink New Formula Owner with questions

Well First Hello everyone, I've been lurking here for a while prior to purchasing my boat, I live along the gulf coat and drove to Dallas to purchase my 87 272sr-1, she has fresh rebuilt 350's with Alpha drives, and for a 87 is a very sweet sight to the eyes, I love the lines of this boat, I live in a world surrounded by center console fishing boats, I don't fish, I looked at boats for a long time before finding this one. She, like most older boats ain't perfect but the foundation is solid, I really wanted to ask if anyone can direct me to where I can find replacment parts for her. Any help will be appreciated and I hope to be able to one day contribute to the forum and help others in return.

Thanks
Mike
Old 09-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What replacement parts do you need?
Old 09-07-2013, 01:34 PM
Registered

Hi Chart, well mainly just a few minor things, one of the toggel switches, for the docking lights is not working, and it is the switch, I thought about running both lights to the Same switch, but was not sure that was a good idea, also I not sure that my built in battery charger that works with the shore power is working, it's just minor stuff, but I would also like to know where a good source was for anything in the future.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats on the new boat!

Call Formula Boats. They will likely have what you need or know where to get it.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

The factory toggles are circuit breaker toggles. As long as you have another breaker for the circuit they can be replaced with standard toggles. If not just add an inline fuse. A lot of stuff on these year boats will have to be retrofitted, or fabricated or upgraded as not a lot of the factory stuff is there. Also look out for boats being parted out. Doesn't happen a lot to these so when it does grab what you may want quickly.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:30 PM
Registered

fyi,my built in battery charger burned my boat up. replace it. mine was a 88 29sr1.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

only thing your going to find is used parts,,get a hold of full force,,he just picked up a 311 some parts may fit yours..http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...r-repower.html
Old 09-08-2013, 11:17 AM
Registered

Thanks for all of the tips everyone, I really love this boat, it had never been offshore till I got her, and I was amazed at how well she handles rough water, for an older boat she gets lots of looks.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:25 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Skydiven4fun
Thanks for all of the tips everyone, I really love this boat, it had never been offshore till I got her, and I was amazed at how well she handles rough water, for an older boat she gets lots of looks.
Lets see some pics of her if you've got some, welcome to the Formula family.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:13 PM
Registered

Hope this works.

[IMG]Uploaded with ImageShack.com[/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Last edited by Skydiven4fun; 09-08-2013 at 01:25 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.