89 Formula 272 Rebuild Finally!! >

89 Formula 272 Rebuild Finally!!

Notices
Formula

89 Formula 272 Rebuild Finally!!

Old 09-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 89 Formula 272 Rebuild Finally!!

Well about a year ago I posted on here about wanting to pull my motors due to some oil leaks that weren't fixable in the boat. Well it finally happened a few days ago, had the motors and drives pulled and have them at home in the garage ready to be worked on. As far as the motors go, both motors need some gaskets done that have been leaking, going to do all of them minus heads and timing cover, the previous owner obviously didn't use the correct ones when the boat was re-powered right before I bought it. Also gonna do both impellers, alternators, redo wiring and most hoses just because its easier done out of the boat than in the boat. I'm also going to repaint the motors fully cause they were never done right and within the first year of owning it they developed ugly surface rust. As for the drives, just gonna service, strip and repaint them and also polish my props. Also since the boat is empty now I 'm gonna roll the bilge and change the bilge pumps cause its easy. Gonna order parts next week after I tear them down tomorrow, hope to have them all done in a couple weeks and back in the boat and trial it in the water in Oct. All this just to sell it, don't want to give the next owner a headache so doing everything the way it should be done!! Btw I'll be asking $22.5 when all done!!

Boat

Picked them up from the shop that pulled them

At home

Old 09-10-2013, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pshannon
Well about a year ago I posted on here about wanting to pull my motors due to some oil leaks that weren't fixable in the boat. Well it finally happened a few days ago, had the motors and drives pulled and have them at home in the garage ready to be worked on. As far as the motors go, both motors need some gaskets done that have been leaking, going to do all of them minus heads and timing cover, the previous owner obviously didn't use the correct ones when the boat was re-powered right before I bought it. Also gonna do both impellers, alternators, redo wiring and most hoses just because its easier done out of the boat than in the boat. I'm also going to repaint the motors fully cause they were never done right and within the first year of owning it they developed ugly surface rust. As for the drives, just gonna service, strip and repaint them and also polish my props. Also since the boat is empty now I 'm gonna roll the bilge and change the bilge pumps cause its easy. Gonna order parts next week after I tear them down tomorrow, hope to have them all done in a couple weeks and back in the boat and trial it in the water in Oct. All this just to sell it, don't want to give the next owner a headache so doing everything the way it should be done!! Btw I'll be asking $22.5 when all done!!

Boat

Picked them up from the shop that pulled them

At home

I like you paint job nicely combined with the swim platform.