Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
New member (Thrilled to find Formula info!) >

New member (Thrilled to find Formula info!)

Notices
Formula

New member (Thrilled to find Formula info!)

Old 08-06-2002, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member (Thrilled to find Formula info!)

I've had a grin on my face ever since I took my first off-shore ride on a CheckMate. The rush, the getting air, and the sound of the motor!

That was four years ago. I've been researching boats ever since. A year ago I finally decided my first brand choice was Formula. I picked Formula for the dedicated owners and looks.

I have been dissapointed in the amount out data on all makes of boats on the internet. Just found this board and have just started going through it. This is the most info I've found on Formulas so far. I'll spend the next couple days reading through the old posts to see what I can get out of it.

Then I hope you will help guide me with more information!

Thanks everyone for posting.
Old 08-06-2002, 09:48 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Groove , Welcome on board
By all means don't be afraid to ask questions. We can all learn from others experiences.
Old 08-06-2002, 11:19 PM
Registered

An excellent choice (totally un-biased of course). This board should serve you well. I'm sorry that you already bought a boat since I'm trying to sell one. What did you buy? Give us the "dope" on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the 411 on my Formula adventures:

http://www.phantomchaos.com
Old 08-07-2002, 09:07 AM
Registered

PhantomChaos,
That is a nice boat I wish I could afford. I'm in the next tax bracket down though. I currently don't have a boat yet. The good thing about Formula is they have been making quality boats that have a good range in size and production years. ANyone and everyone can find a Formula that fits their wallet!
Old 08-07-2002, 10:32 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Groove welcome to the board. I see you are in Boston. So am I. I have a older Formula 302 and once I get her back together (repainting) You are welcome to have a ride in it. There are a couple members in the Boston area. We will all have to plan a shin dig soon.

Jon
Old 08-07-2002, 11:42 AM
BUSTNOUT

Default WELCOME

GROOVE
WELCOME TO THE SITE, I ONLY FOUND IT A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO MYSELF , I FOUND IT TO BE VERY INFORMATIVE, AND HELPFUL IN SOME DECISIONS I'VE MADE REGUARDING MY BOAT,MAYBE SEE YOU IN BOSTON OR ON LAKE WINNIPESAUKE SOME DAY, NASWA
BUST'N OUT CENTRE HARBOR

Old 08-07-2002, 01:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the board !!!

Keep looking,I'm sure you'll find one in your price range.
If you can give us a ballpark price we'd all be glad to keep an eye out for you.
I found mine by accident. The wife and I had decided to start looking at boats, maybe take a season or two looking around. That same day, as we pulled into a local Walmart parking lot, the wife spots this Formula sitting on a trailer with a for sale sign on it. Wife asks what I thought it might be worth. I told her it's out of our league, forget it.
Turns out it wasn't. Talked with the owner, took a test ride two days later and bought it right then.
So much for our season of "looking around".

Ours is an '88 F-206 LS (20.5') with a 350MAG and an Alpha drive.
It may be small, but sure does fly. Top end is 58 on the GPS. If I could loose the wife, cooler and other gear I bet it would touch 60. Engine has over 400 hours on it and has never been torn down. Funny thing is, the original 1988 Formula brochure on our model claims a top end of 58. Not bad for having all those hours.
Old 08-07-2002, 10:03 PM
Registered

Good to hear from some local people.

Audiofn,
Do you happen to keep your boat in Beverly? I stopped by the Formula dealer there last year and had a bad case of sticker shock. I'm slowly coming out of that and am once again thinking of buying. A ride in your boat sure would put that smile back on my face!

I'd love to meet any local Formula owners. Do they have a local club?
Old 08-07-2002, 11:59 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

No local club but there sure are a lot of us around I keep my boat in Magnolia (part of Gloucester). I know the marina you are talking about and I can imagine that they are NOT cheap. I stay well away from that place. They do not seem to know what they are doing. When I get her back in the water I will send out the Bird Becon so you can find me and we will hit the water. MFB357 and a couple others are always good for some fun times

Jon
Old 08-08-2002, 01:36 AM
Banned

Welcome aboard!

Can't go wrong with a Formula. I have two of them. One is a 1981 that I'm restoring, and the more I take this boat apart, the more impressed I am with the quality. What size/type are you looking for? There is a member on here that has a beautiful 302 for sale. I have seen this boat, and it will run too!

Quick Reply: New member (Thrilled to find Formula info!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.