Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
252 ss no power to motor Need help please!!!!! >

252 ss no power to motor Need help please!!!!!

Notices
Formula

252 ss no power to motor Need help please!!!!!

Old 12-11-2013, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 252 ss no power to motor Need help please!!!!!

Hey guys

I was out yesterday and when I returned I shutdown the motor. I went to start it again and noticed I had no power.

I checked all the breakers and the 50 amp breaker on the motor. One thing I noticed it that all my gauge do not work but I still have accessory power like lights, trim,etc. but everything with the motor like gauges starting of motor is dead.

Is there a separate breaker for the motor?

Do these boats have fuseable link since the are so similar to gm wiring?

I checked the breaker 50 amp on the motor both terminals, and this too had no voltage. I was running out of time due to daylight, but there has to be a main breaker I am missing.

Any other suggestions

I have power at battery, power at selector switch 1, 2, and both. I have power at the to 60 amp breakers house and constant power.
But no power at the breaker on the motor, nor at the dash gauges, but I have power to light up the gauges.

What is the difference between house and constant power?

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 252 ss 1996 ? The one I received from TAG is a 252 BR 1992. I'm not sure it's the same.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Any help will be great appreciated .
Old 12-11-2013, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would start at your fuse panel. 12v comes up to be distributed. From that bar, each fuse will feed different things. Panel lights, nav lights and such each will probably have their own fuse. Your ignition switch will also have a fuse. It will go to the switch and then break out from there. One lead heads to all the gauges, ignition, and another one will go to the starter solenoid.

My experience is with an 86, but that is my first guess. Ignition fuse or poor cotacts under the helm or ignition switch went bad.

Good luck, brian
Old 12-11-2013, 10:45 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

go right to the starter first .on the starter where the battery cable connects there is a fusable link there .should be a square white plastic colored part .1 side will be bolted to the starter main cable .and another wire coming off it for power feed .ck that first .not all boats have them there
Old 12-12-2013, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Check the kill switch.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:18 AM
Registered

92nsx,

Can you tell me where this kill switch is located?
Old 12-12-2013, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you checked to confirm that you have power at the ignition switch? Most of the items that are not functioning for you are powered by the ignition switch.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Registered

Yea I have no power getting to the ignition switch. I am figuring it is a main power distribution.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:31 AM
Registered

I am not getting any power to the ignition switch, nor am I getting power to the main breaker on the motor
Old 12-12-2013, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 1993 336 has a breaker with a lever on the port side of the hull. Don't know if yours is like that.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where does ignition power come from on a newer boat? The ignition source comes from the same place as the gauge lighting on my 86, could be different on something 10 years newer. Did you check the ignition fuse? I would think there would be one under the console.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.