Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
Bravo's 1's or Hydromotive or 5 blades, What do stepped bird owners like for props?? >

Bravo's 1's or Hydromotive or 5 blades, What do stepped bird owners like for props??

Notices
Formula

Bravo's 1's or Hydromotive or 5 blades, What do stepped bird owners like for props??

Old 06-10-2014, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bravo's 1's or Hydromotive or 5 blades, What do stepped bird owners like for props??

Doing some research here on who likes what for props..
My 312 w/ 454mag mpi's spin 30p Bravo-1's at 5100- 5200 rpms, or my 28p's at 5400 , yes I bumped by rev limits up a tad. I'm going to be investing into some props and want to know what people like with the step hull...Are 5 blade props really worth the $$jack.. or Hydromotive QV-IV four blades?
I need a good matched set, my current 30's were used when I bought and were not a good match from the get-go (B-blades checked and did what they could)
Tell me what you like and who has the best deal..
Thanks-all
Old 06-17-2014, 10:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by silent lucidity
Doing some research here on who likes what for props..
My 312 w/ 454mag mpi's spin 30p Bravo-1's at 5100- 5200 rpms, or my 28p's at 5400 , yes I bumped by rev limits up a tad. I'm going to be investing into some props and want to know what people like with the step hull...Are 5 blade props really worth the $$jack.. or Hydromotive QV-IV four blades?
I need a good matched set, my current 30's were used when I bought and were not a good match from the get-go (B-blades checked and did what they could)
Tell me what you like and who has the best deal..
Thanks-all
surely someone has done some testing in the past on a 312 or 353
Old 07-07-2014, 04:42 PM
Registered

Well bit the bullet and bought a couple Hydromotives from a guy who had a pair of P5X 28 labbed as a set of spares. Great price, saved a ton,,, Speed is about the same as the bravo 30's Rpm is down to about 5100 from 5200...
Where I saw the big difference is my 312 now can cruise right along at 30mph at 2800 rpms without falling off plain.. Never been able to do that before- EVER..

Seemed to be real sweet ride at a soft lope of 35-40 mph and like she had very little slip.
Responds nice to trim and rides bow up just a little and dry
It doesn't like a lot of trim tab on take offs and I tend to baby it getting on plain no hammering the throttles.. Not interested in drive work at this time. gets on plain in half the time almost like a 21ft bow rider...
thinking my 454mag mpi's would love some cam and a little head work with this set up now..

They have the trim ring on,, wondering what it would do with them cut off?? hhhmmmmmmm. or hyromotive nose cones...double hmmmmm

Gonna play around with some more and get the feel,, keep you all posted.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by silent lucidity
Well bit the bullet and bought a couple Hydromotives from a guy who had a pair of P5X 28 labbed as a set of spares. Great price, saved a ton,,, Speed is about the same as the bravo 30's Rpm is down to about 5100 from 5200...
Where I saw the big difference is my 312 now can cruise right along at 30mph at 2800 rpms without falling off plain.. Never been able to do that before- EVER..

Seemed to be real sweet ride at a soft lope of 35-40 mph and like she had very little slip.
Responds nice to trim and rides bow up just a little and dry
It doesn't like a lot of trim tab on take offs and I tend to baby it getting on plain no hammering the throttles.. Not interested in drive work at this time. gets on plain in half the time almost like a 21ft bow rider...
thinking my 454mag mpi's would love some cam and a little head work with this set up now..

They have the trim ring on,, wondering what it would do with them cut off?? hhhmmmmmmm. or hyromotive nose cones...double hmmmmm

Gonna play around with some more and get the feel,, keep you all posted.
Thanks for sharing!