Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
1984 Formula 272 ls with Kaamas?? Now thats rare. >

1984 Formula 272 ls with Kaamas?? Now thats rare.

Notices
Formula

1984 Formula 272 ls with Kaamas?? Now thats rare.

Old 08-03-2014, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I watched that on Ebay and seriously thought about it, but with an 86 sitting in the drive ready to test on the water, seemed rather foolish. I thought about buying it and parting it out also. Trailer looked nice and would work better than my heavy steel one. Of course, steel one is paid for was my thought! Kaama's would have been cool, but what would I do with it since what I need is a family tubing boat? That and I didn't want to start over on another hull unless it is a larger boat. Knowing intimately how these are put together, looking at it really needing a transom, center stringer and bulk head at a minimum. Trying to think what I still need for mine?

Anchor light that mounts to the windshield?

What are bolsters like? Could swap out the ones I got from a scarab.

Brian
Old 08-04-2014, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The boat has been stored inside except for 3 months a year on a lift during summer since 85. It has been stored inside 24/7 since 06 when one drive went down so im hoping the stringers and transom are still strong. I haven't checked them yet. Bolsters are in very good condition. I guess it is gonna come down to me parting the boat out so I guess we should start this off.

For the Windshield I would take $500
For the bolsters I would take $600

Im in Oklahoma. Will be at the LOTO shootout if anyone is interested in anything.
Old 08-04-2014, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ill take the windshield
Old 08-04-2014, 04:22 PM
Registered

Send me pictures of the bolsters please, all I saw was the partial view in the ebay add. main thing is coming out to get them, might have to look at a family or work trip.

Going to sell off the trailer down the road? Can't think of much I still need on mine.

I wonder what is up with the transom since they talked about that on Ebay? Or am I remembering a different add?

Brian
Old 08-04-2014, 04:30 PM
Registered

No the transom has a lot of spider cracks in the glass. It does feel solid to the touch but im sure if I was gonna redo the boat it would need replaced. I have heard the kaamas did modify the transom mounts as they progressed. I believe these are an early variation since they mount with the circular bolt pattern and not the tear drop pattern. I think they put a lot of stress on the transom compared to the newer versions. I will get you some pics Thursday.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:30 PM
Registered

oh and yes. I will be asking $2000 for the trailer. It will have new tires on it.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:17 PM
Registered

This boat is going up for sale as a complete boat. Everything is working on it and I can not find any problems with the stringers or transom except the spider cracks in the glass. Im going to replace filters and update some items and plan to have it on the water by labor day. I am not doing anything to the hull, does have some surface scratches and will need a good buffing but the gel fade is minimal since it was stored inside. The more I looked around on the boat the happier I was with it. Checked the oil, put a battery charger on, filled the bowl with fuel and motors both started right up. I will sell for 12K with no trailer or 15K with the trailer. Really looking forward to driving my first set of surface drives.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:28 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

didnt this sell on ebay for around $5000 ..now its here for $15.000 good luck with that..i suggest listing it in the classifieds befor it gets bounced out of here ..theres a reason it sold cheep.... and you were headed in the right direction when you were parting it!!!!

Last edited by smokin' gun; 08-18-2014 at 05:30 AM.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:03 PM
Registered

$4550 on ebay I think

Good luck on sale and congrats on the boat. Good buy.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:35 PM
Registered

Yes after I spent over $2000 on it and about 20 hours going through the boat. I see similar formulas selling for 10-12 with alpha or trs drives so $3000 more for Kaama drives that are never going to break behind these motors and push the boat to 70 makes $15000 a good starting point and a fair price. low hours, great trailer, turn key boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.