Notices
Formula

206LS Original Gauge Upgrade

Old 09-17-2014, 05:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 206LS Original Gauge Upgrade

Hello All.

Looking at options for up-dating the Dash on our '89 206LS.

I did try to do a search before I get shot down, but I couldn't find the thread I saw a while back where someone had done this.

I'm after genereal advice / recommendations for which guages to go for...

For example my fuel guage says half when it's empty, and I am lead to believe by the previous owner that this is becuase it's not a US-Spec unit that's in there.
The Speedo doesn't work (pitot type) as apparently it leaks and I'd get wet feet. Not overly worried aout this as have a Serious Garmin unit on the boat and another "car" Garmin unit I use for showing speed only when Garmin is on 3-D scanning mode...

I don't want to throw a load of cash at a complete set of guages, only to encouter this sort of problem,

Obviously would like to do the whole set for consistency's sake - I have found these on eBay UK.

http://www.kusauto.com/en/productlist.aspx?tid=80 and they look reasonably priced.

Any word of wisdom / general principles I need to be aware of, apart from the obvious "will they physically fit in the existing holes" sort of issue

I have the normal square bezelled guages with round inner displays...

Many thanks in advance.

Nick.