Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what does rigged exactly mean?
Old 10-18-2014, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by cyrus77
what does rigged exactly mean?
With motors and drives.

Too bad you pulled that boat all the way from Michigan to discover it is all wet.

I see you have owned a few Forulas and redid stringers in one already.

I would fix this boat.

I would hire a wrecker to come over and pull the deck off and set it off somewhere . Than support the hull fully and remove the transom wood and cut a small notch in the stringers to squeeze the new plywood or Coosa board in to rebuild the transom.

Than I would move forward and remove all the plywood for the cabin seats with out damaging the stringers in front.

Next remove the fuel tank.

Now this is where I think by using this method I have seen done before is where you could save a lot of time and materials .

Instead of fully cutting out all the stringers down to the hull and grinding the overlaps where they meet the hull try this.

Cut the top 1/4 inch off the stringers so you have access to the wood in the stringers. Now get a cheap electric chainsaw and use it to eat out the old rotten plywood.. Be patient and take your time so as not to eat thru the hull too much . When finished let it dry out for a while .

Now cut some Coosa board to fit in the remaining voids that are left in the fiberglass stringers from removing the plywood . Now get some Glass bubbles and mix it with epoxy and work sections of the Coosa in the voids with clamping them lightly in place where you can.

When you have the stringers all back in place cap them with 2 layers of 24oz biaxe with epoxy and call it done.

Not a big deal and not that dirty either. Getting the deck off is not hard and so much easier than trying to work around it

Now that I remember i recall that boat has a separate cockpit liner that would have to out also. no big deal

Last edited by tommymonza; 10-19-2014 at 01:47 AM.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tommy very cool idea,

I have decided to PART IT OUT. I will jump over the the swap shop and start that. Thanks for the advise and let me know if you need anything.