High & Dry Storage >

High & Dry Storage

Notices
Formula

High & Dry Storage

Old 11-21-2014, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

My feedback concurs with the rest of the feedback you'v gotten. I have the option to call ahead when and they'll have the boat in the water but I now wait til i'm actually there before they launch me and i always stay to see the retrieve and put back on the rack. They definitely do a more careful job if your watching.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I kept my 292 in high & dry storage for 3 seasons. Def have marks on the bottom from both the fork lift and from the lift that was used to bring the boat up and out of the water. There was a good size seawall, no way the forklift could have reached the water so they had a lift that they would put the boat on, it would then spin 90 degrees and drop you down into the water. Convenience factor was unmatched, but no one is going to care the same about your boat as much as you do. I tipped the operators frequently, offered them beer's on hot days. The guys would wait for me on Sundays to put me back inside so I wasn't sitting in the water, and would put me in ahead of anyone without even a phone call if I just showed up. Taking care of them def helps, but just be prepared when there are marks. Also, check the print on any contract you sign, I know that any damages were not on them unless they were completely liable.

Last edited by Splitdecision271; 11-21-2014 at 07:53 AM.
Old 11-21-2014, 12:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

I really appreciate everyone's insight. This is going to be a hard decision for me as I am (major OCD, Anal, Nuts, Particular)..whatever you want to call it. The mere thought of marks on the boat makes my skin crawl. I will really have to spend time thinking about this H&D storage thing. I know that things happen and for the most part it is a great thing...easy, convenience , etc. just don't know. Things to think about. The good news I have time till warm weather.

Thanks again all

Chris
Old 11-23-2014, 12:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same as everyone else. Convenience is great, but you will get marks and mystery scratches.

Look at it this way, you can't see them when the boat is in the water right?

Makes that evening run during the week a lot easier.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:58 AM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Marks on my bottom....She won't like that...

Dave
Old 11-23-2014, 10:18 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by axapowell
Marks on my bottom....She won't like that...

Dave
You are absolutely right Dave...she told me so!!! Not going to happen on my watch.

Chris
Old 11-24-2014, 08:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by axapowell
marks on my bottom....she won't like that...

Dave
thats it!!!!! Give her back!!!!!
Old 11-25-2014, 12:00 PM
Registered

My 271 has a gel coat chip from the previous owner dry rack storing it. You really have to look hard for it, but it is there.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:48 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I kept my 382 at a Hi & Dry on the Upper Chesapeake for 3 seasons ( previous owner had it there for 7.) It has it's good points, but you will get some marks here & there. Nobody is gonna care for your baby like you would.
For me it didn't work out cause I'm constantly tinkering or fixing/ cleaning something on the boat & I'm stuck with the marina's business hrs to do it. I would rather be able to work on it at my leisure after work during the week.
Also if you come back late, the boat sits in the water over night until they get around to pulling it out in the morning.
Just my $.02
Old 11-25-2014, 05:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by katywompus
I kept my 382 at a Hi & Dry on the Upper Chesapeake for 3 seasons ( previous owner had it there for 7.) It has it's good points, but you will get some marks here & there. Nobody is gonna care for your baby like you would.
For me it didn't work out cause I'm constantly tinkering or fixing/ cleaning something on the boat & I'm stuck with the marina's business hrs to do it. I would rather be able to work on it at my leisure after work during the week.
Also if you come back late, the boat sits in the water over night until they get around to pulling it out in the morning.
Just my $.02
Are you now trailering the boat? I too prefer to have free rein to do what I want when I want. I'm so OCD that any marks on the boat will drive me crazy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.