Notices
Formula

High & Dry Storage

Old 11-26-2014, 07:33 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I'm trailering it now. Rack storage is tough on those of us with OCD
If I had a center console that I could just rinse off & be done, it would make more sense.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:33 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by katywompus
Yes, I'm trailering it now. Rack storage is tough on those of us with OCD
If I had a center console that I could just rinse off & be done, it would make more sense.
Saw the photos of your boat...Love the paint. Clearly you are as OCD as I. Looks terrific. Hope to get the chance to meet you this coming summer. Will try to come your way or maybe you guys come down ours.
Old 11-26-2014, 12:46 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. How far down are you? We have only run down as far as St Michaels so far.
Old 11-26-2014, 01:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by katywompus
Thanks. How far down are you? We have only run down as far as St Michaels so far.
We are actually on the Patapsco River...North of the Bay Bridge. It's a 10 minute run to downtown Baltimore, 20 minutes to Annapolis, 20 minutes from Kent Island area...
Old 11-26-2014, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hopefully both of you will make it to some Formula Owners of New Jersey events this coming summer.
Old 11-26-2014, 03:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Splitdecision271
Hopefully both of you will make it to some Formula Owners of New Jersey events this coming summer.
Split,

Count us in. Please stay in touch. Really looking forward to it. Maybe you all will come to the "Powerboating for a Cure" poker Run in July 10& 11 (Va Beach) Great event.

Chris
443-306-4489
[email protected]
Old 11-26-2014, 04:06 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Wrap the bunks in yoga mat foam then cover it with carpet. Everybody elses ideas are great, I arrive then request my boat and i also wait for them to pull it out and cover it on the rack. Request ground level if possible then you can cover it too (while its on the ground)

I think you will have to expect a few more chips than usual. Expect to gelcoat some edges. Its gonna happen... Mine gets chipped on the transom edge/corner and sometimes the back corner of my strakes get chipped. Buy some epoxy and cobosil then hit it with your gel coat with a touch up brush. I touch mine up every 6 months... It really is minor but I think its unavoidable. BTW - If the forklift has the rubber boots it will leave scuff marks and they wipe off with acetone in 1 second.

Tip the guys. I dont know whats "normal" but my guys always help and always give them $20-$40.
Old 12-09-2014, 03:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by badmonkey
We are actually on the Patapsco River...North of the Bay Bridge. It's a 10 minute run to downtown Baltimore, 20 minutes to Annapolis, 20 minutes from Kent Island area...
badmonkey,

We are up on Middle River, right around the corner, back in Frog Mortar Creek, just past Sunset Cove. Maybe we will run into each other sometime next season, Kent Narrows, the harbor, Stillpond.

Completely understand the issue with hull marks, had our SR-1 292 in a hi-n-dry for a few years, always had some marks, no matter how careful operator was. Where do you keep it in the Patapsco?
Old 12-09-2014, 04:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Treads
badmonkey,

We are up on Middle River, right around the corner, back in Frog Mortar Creek, just past Sunset Cove. Maybe we will run into each other sometime next season, Kent Narrows, the harbor, Stillpond.

Completely understand the issue with hull marks, had our SR-1 292 in a hi-n-dry for a few years, always had some marks, no matter how careful operator was. Where do you keep it in the Patapsco?
Well, We have been launching the Scarab out of Stoney Creek. The Fastech, at this point will probably stay at the house on trailer and will also be launched out of Stoney Creek...if a can get that monster to the ramp ...neighborhood where the ramp is , roads are tight. I am also looking into possibly renting a lift slip if I can find one close to the house and not for an arm and leg.

Let's stay in touch. Have a Merry Christmas !!!!

Chris