Fastest 311/357 ???

Notices
Formula

Fastest 311/357 ???

Old 02-14-2015, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by TAStevens
Got me thinking about the steering....My EARS are Open! Doing some "investigating"...sounds like over 70mph becomes an "issue"?? Stock this ran 68.....but is obviously going to be considerably faster this Spring. I agree on the "RESPECT" thing! Trust me! What have people done with similar boats?? THANKS! Tim
Tim,
I didn't realize you did not have hydraulic steering for what you are doing here, that's why I asked if you wanted it, twice. I would offer it, but before you came to pick up parts I had the package sold to someone else. Anyways, good luck with the build, curious to see it done as I would have love to have run those drives and they are brand new. You should start a build thread, you may get some good pointers from the guys who have done it before, couldn't hurt. Good luck with everything, hope to go boating together someday

It also killed me to give those trannies away as they are built for serious TQ, but I had no use for them as they are plug-in style. I am glad that someone got a good deal though.

Can't wait to see your stuff together, have fun and be safe, water at speed is no joke.
Old 03-04-2015, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

saw one that had a notched transom and raised X dimension on FB not sure on measurements for a 311 for this kind of work. Any suggestions or does anyone have any software or ideas where to start?
Old 03-04-2015, 04:57 PM
Registered

Just get a couple 1350's and #6's and full hydraulic steering. No problem hitting 80. Haha. If only, right?
Old 03-04-2015, 08:07 PM
Registered

Ha if I had that kind of scratch I'd buy a new one lol.