Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
No Formulas at Grand Rapids,MI boat show? >

No Formulas at Grand Rapids,MI boat show?

Notices
Formula

No Formulas at Grand Rapids,MI boat show?

Old 02-19-2015, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here in Atlanta Formula had not been here in several years so I didn't go to the show. This year I got an email just before the show stating that Formula would be there so I attended. No Fastech boats but cool new product in BR and center cabin bow riders.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope there are at least some decent performance cruiser-style boats there. But even if the boats there suck, we're going with two good friends and it'll be great to spend the day with them.

And besides, I hate going to Detroit so I probably wouldn't make it to Cobo Hall for the Detroit show anyway.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:31 PM
Registered

Received 597 Likes on 242 Posts

Somewhere in my Scrap boxes I have a clipping of me on the front of the Grand Rapids Press Circa 1969 at the helm of a boat at the Boat Show at the old age of 5.

Dad bought a 23 Slickcraft that year. I remember to this day doing laps with dad letting me drive in front of the dealership testing it in the pond that used to be a gravel pit out right off 28th at Dryland.

We got a lot of use out of that boat and dad trailed us 8 kids and the boat all over the country at 80 mph for a good 4 years

Dad use to stop by Dryland on a weekly basis with me and jerk the Postma brothers chain while I hopped all over the boats.

I had it good when i was a kid.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:20 AM
Registered

Slickcraft was a great boat back in the day. I too remember going with my dad all over Arizona and California in our Slickcrafts.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:09 PM
Registered

Just got back from the show. Tons of 'toons, fer sure. Some nice Regals, a big Carver, nice Tiara and nice Montereys. All in all, much smaller in both show size and boat size from what I remember of the Detroit show from our last trip there 10 or 15 years ago.

Everyone we spoke with from the dealers said it was a good show for sales. We know that Grand Bay Marine sold a few larger Regals while we were there. I think if other manufacturers were there with bigger boats they'd have moved some, too.

Next year we'll do Detroit to see a better selection of big boats.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:30 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I went to both boat shows here in KC they are on the same day went through both of them in about 5 hrs!! Lots of pontoons, ski boats and bow riders! No offshore boats at all anymore!!!
The best part of the 2 shows was the long jumping dogs!!!!
Old 02-24-2015, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 84 Formula 272
I went to both boat shows here in KC they are on the same day went through both of them in about 5 hrs!! Lots of pontoons, ski boats and bow riders! No offshore boats at all anymore!!!
The best part of the 2 shows was the long jumping dogs!!!!

Wow you went to a dog show to see some boats...........lol.
That is terrible when the side show is better than the main event but that is what a boat show is without go fast boats for me too.
Sad times these days.