Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
How Many Delaware River/Chesapeake Bay Formula Owners Are There? >

How Many Delaware River/Chesapeake Bay Formula Owners Are There?

Notices
Formula

How Many Delaware River/Chesapeake Bay Formula Owners Are There?

Old 02-18-2016, 07:35 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by distantthunder
Are you making it to the races Chris?
Yes, Absolutely. We will need to coordinate where to meet so we can all run together for a bit. The narrows are less than 20 minutes from us so I will probably run out early south down the Bay and hook up with you guys at the mouth of the Choptank and run up Eastern Bay with you all to the narrows so we can get some running time.

Chris
443-306-4489
[email protected]
Old 02-18-2016, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 109 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by badmonkey
Yes, Absolutely. We will need to coordinate where to meet so we can all run together for a bit. The narrows are less than 20 minutes from us so I will probably run out early south down the Bay and hook up with you guys at the mouth of the Choptank and run up Eastern Bay with you all to the narrows so we can get some running time.

Chris
443-306-4489
[email protected]
That sounds like an outstanding plan, the season can't come soon enough!
Old 02-18-2016, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sandy Point State Park is good if you don't feel like taking a long ride. There are a few ramps on Kent Island and they are usually packed. You can also launch off on the Chester or Wye Rivers. The ride from Denton is a great time, everyone thinks I am crazy doing it every year but I like to stretch the legs on Distant Thunder once in awhile, it's a fun run, a little less than 1.5 Hours at 40 MPH. The ramp is Denton is good and safe. Either way, we should all try to meet up.
I like it. Lets make it happen.

Just so everyone is also aware, the Formula Owners of NJ will be hosting our 7th Annual Formula Rendezvous this year on Saturday July 2nd & 3rd. Yes it's 4th of July weekend, but the 4th isn't until Monday. We will be at Comstock Marina again and just like last year. Formula owners are encouraged to arrive on Friday July 1st, Saturday, July 2nd, will be the big day with all the planned activities. That leaves everyone with the 3rd and 4th to get back to your local waters or attend any planned family picnics or functions or if you would like to hang join us for a little fun run around Barnegat Bay and to a local hangout spot. Hopefully we can convince all the trailer able Formula's we meet to make the trip across Jersey and up to Brick.
Old 02-18-2016, 05:16 PM
Registered

My wife just showed me a post on FB and the newspaper that Thunder on the Narrows is cancelled this year. There is the boat races in Cambridge still scheduled this year but we will see what happens with that. Still should try and do a meet up of some sort in the Narrows.

Talking to the wife about the NJ rendezvous tonight. I need to find a new trailer or fix mine first.
Old 02-19-2016, 04:51 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

My wife just showed me a post on FB and the newspaper that Thunder on the Narrows is cancelled this year. There is the boat races in Cambridge still scheduled this year but we will see what happens with that. Still should try and do a meet up of some sort in the Narrows.

Talking to the wife about the NJ rendezvous tonight. I need to find a new trailer or fix mine first.
I am assuming this is due to the tragic events of last year?? Not surprising....there is tons for us all to get into...lets see what we can organize.
Old 02-19-2016, 06:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by badmonkey
I am assuming this is due to the tragic events of last year?? Not surprising....there is tons for us all to get into...lets see what we can organize.
The article mentioned that it was due to the APBA changing the regulations of the race course and it has to be a minimum depth of 4' to race. This will allow the drivers to exit in the event of a roll over. There is always the Cambridge races on Memorial Day weekend. We will figure something out, we have a few months!
Old 02-19-2016, 09:13 AM
Registered

Let us know if you have any questions. We'll be happy to answer. Races, no Races, don't care. Always good to meet new Formula owners. Let's make it happen.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just sold the 242 but hopefully I find my 311 in time for this Chesapeake rendezvous.. There was a descent showing last year at Fairleee Creek of passionate Formula owners so we should be able to get a nice crew for a trip through the Narrows. Rock Hall is also a nice spot to drop in because its in the middle of Fairlee Creek and Annapolis/Kent Island....for a full action packed weekend!

If anyone knows of a solid 311 for sale.....dont be shy!
Old 02-23-2016, 07:18 AM
Registered

Congrats on the sale. There are plenty of boats out there, we'll keep an eye out.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:21 AM
Registered

That sounds great, Rock Hall is nice, good cruise down to the Narrows. I'll keep my eye out for a 311, I am always on the lookout for a 292. How far are you willing to travel to find one?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.