Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
How Many Delaware River/Chesapeake Bay Formula Owners Are There? >

How Many Delaware River/Chesapeake Bay Formula Owners Are There?

Notices
Formula

How Many Delaware River/Chesapeake Bay Formula Owners Are There?

Old 02-23-2016, 10:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks distantthunder... Anywhere along the east coast/mid-west for the right boat... I cant let mileage get in the way of the 311 I NEED haha... Ill be sure to keep my ears/eyes open for 292s for you as well, we have a nice Formula following right here in my marina on the Delaware River.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a 292....Fastech....
Old 02-24-2016, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 104 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Splitdecision271
I got a 292....Fastech....
I'm jealous. My next boat will be a 292 SR1 or a 271/292 Fastech depending on what's available at the time. We are looking to step up in 2017. Leaning more towards the Fastech with the 6.2's with the more I look at things even though I love the look of the classic SR1's. I would like to be able to still hit 70 MPH with the new boat. I have yet to see any of them in person so hopefully we can get a meet up together so the wife and I can get a better feel.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:56 AM
Registered

I was set on a 242 when I first starting looking but I really like the idea of twins so I quickly jumped up to a 272. Then when I couldn't find anything, I looked at a new 260ss, but I knew I wanted a speed boat. So I started looking at new 271 fastechs. Had a lead on a leftover 271 up in Freeport NY but sold before I could go look at it. I found a 271 in VT at the Formula dealer up on Lake George but boat had sold already but they had just taken trade in a 292 fastech. Had them send me the pictures and feel in love with it. Was exactly what I was looking for color wise, had twin engines, and only 60 hours on the motors. I wanted 6.2s but I settled for the low hour 350s since the boat had everything else I was looking for. My dream boat is a 353, although my 292 is not listed, I'll entertain any offers if anyone is interested.
Old 02-24-2016, 09:15 AM
Registered

I was set on a 242 when I first starting looking but I really like the idea of twins so I quickly jumped up to a 272. Then when I couldn't find anything, I looked at a new 260ss, but I knew I wanted a speed boat. So I started looking at new 271 fastechs. Had a lead on a leftover 271 up in Freeport NY but sold before I could go look at it. I found a 271 in VT at the Formula dealer up on Lake George but boat had sold already but they had just taken trade in a 292 fastech. Had them send me the pictures and feel in love with it. Was exactly what I was looking for color wise, had twin engines, and only 60 hours on the motors. I wanted 6.2s but I settled for the low hour 350s since the boat had everything else I was looking for. My dream boat is a 353, although my 292 is not listed, I'll entertain any offers if anyone is interested.
Wow, that's a lot of searching! I feel like I will be all over the US looking for one when it's time, unless yours is still available. What speeds are you seeing fully loaded? The 353 is what the previous owner of my 223LS stepped up to. He won a boat load of money (literally) at the Preakness horse race in Baltimore and went the following day to get the 353. Great all around boat for sure.
Old 02-24-2016, 10:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by distantthunder
Wow, that's a lot of searching! I feel like I will be all over the US looking for one when it's time, unless yours is still available. What speeds are you seeing fully loaded? The 353 is what the previous owner of my 223LS stepped up to. He won a boat load of money (literally) at the Preakness horse race in Baltimore and went the following day to get the 353. Great all around boat for sure.
That's awesome. I've been tempted a few times to step up into a 353. I have a 2002 now and would probably have to go older not newer to step up and I just can't see doing that. I was going to go look at 1998 353 a year or so ago but sold before I could get to it. I reached out to a guy in Michigan this winter about an 02 353. My same exact boat as mine now just bigger, but it didn't have AC or vacu head and guy was at his bottom dollar already with no wiggle room so I passed.

When I was boating on the Delaware River when I first got her I was able to get 70.3 on the GPS out of the 350s with 28P bravos. I've since added the longer ST-16 trim plates and dropped down to 26P bravos which both have helped tremendously getting out of the hole. I can stay on plane now at 25-28mph which I could never do before. Full of fuel & beer, with 4 adults now I'm seeing more around 65. Probably 68 with 2 and 1/2 fuel. I realized I probably lost a bit dropping down to the 26P props but rarely see above 50mph so it doesn't matter to me. I'm more a 40-45mph pull the bolster up and just cruise guy. I'm in no rush to get where I'm going when I'm out there.

Old 02-24-2016, 11:05 AM
Registered

That's awesome. I've been tempted a few times to step up into a 353. I have a 2002 now and would probably have to go older not newer to step up and I just can't see doing that. I was going to go look at 1998 353 a year or so ago but sold before I could get to it. I reached out to a guy in Michigan this winter about an 02 353. My same exact boat as mine now just bigger, but it didn't have AC or vacu head and guy was at his bottom dollar already with no wiggle room so I passed.

When I was boating on the Delaware River when I first got her I was able to get 70.3 on the GPS out of the 350s with 28P bravos. I've since added the longer ST-16 trim plates and dropped down to 26P bravos which both have helped tremendously getting out of the hole. I can stay on plane now at 25-28mph which I could never do before. Full of fuel & beer, with 4 adults now I'm seeing more around 65. Probably 68 with 2 and 1/2 fuel. I realized I probably lost a bit dropping down to the 26P props but rarely see above 50mph so it doesn't matter to me. I'm more a 40-45mph pull the bolster up and just cruise guy. I'm in no rush to get where I'm going when I'm out there.

Great picture! Looks awesome. Those are respectable numbers for sure. We typically cruise as well, 40-45 with the wife and kids and friends. Always seems I have 6 - 8 individuals at any given time riding with me. The guys I run with on the Choptank are all 70+ MPH guys but we don't open them up that often unless were down towards Cambridge, MD where it widens out quite a bit. Try to keep them turn key for the whole season. Hah!
Old 02-24-2016, 11:10 AM
Registered

Yea...I really don't like people on my boat. So I don't ask that many people to join us. If I do have people with us, I usually go to a near by shoal so they can just be in the water and no in the boat.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:30 AM
Registered

Yea...I really don't like people on my boat. So I don't ask that many people to join us. If I do have people with us, I usually go to a near by shoal so they can just be in the water and no in the boat.
Haha! That's great, keep her clean.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DRock
I just sold the 242 but hopefully I find my 311 in time for this Chesapeake rendezvous.. There was a descent showing last year at Fairleee Creek of passionate Formula owners so we should be able to get a nice crew for a trip through the Narrows. Rock Hall is also a nice spot to drop in because its in the middle of Fairlee Creek and Annapolis/Kent Island....for a full action packed weekend!

If anyone knows of a solid 311 for sale.....dont be shy!
http://boats.jacksonmarinesales.com/...-F311-SR1.aspx

Check that one out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.